Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2021, 10:29 PM   #29

A girl of 9 solved this toilet paper debate in 2007 as a science project for school.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2021, 08:06 AM   #30

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
A girl of 9 solved this toilet paper debate in 2007 as a science project for school.

I entertained myself with the same experiment last fall and actually wrote a post about it (https://reflectionsaroundthecampfire...xperiment.html). The results were not earth-shattering, but it was fun and we did end up switching to single ply Scott's because of it. To each his own.

Mary
4ina4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 10:22 AM   #31

Charmin Ultra...nothing but the best for us.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:53 AM   #32

Single ply TP

What is that good for??

Can't blow your nose with it, can't dry your hands with it, can't wipe your rear with it..........

Good soft fluffy TP and a big ole wad of it..........ain't had a problem in 40+ yrs
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:23 AM   #33

some people use a bidet seat or bidet sprayer and use a lot less toilet paper

much higher liquid to solid ratio
swduns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:53 AM   #34

All you high ratio of liquids to solids advocates must not do too much dispersed camping like we do. Our record is 9 days before feeling the need to break camp and dump our 40 gallon black tank and our 60 gallon grey tank. It was a beautiful spot and we hated to leave it.
We only use enough liquid as necessary for a clean flush when not on full hookups. We very rarely use our built-in Sani-Flush black tank sprayer during or after dumping. What we do is use a Valterra portable valve for a third valve to backflush our black tank with water from the grey tank.
After dumping the black tank first we put half the contents of our grey tank into the empty black tank then dump it again. We then repeat that process one or two times then flush the hose with the remaining water from the grey tank. Both tanks are completely empty and we don't add anymore water (or chemicals) to the black tank as we are fulltimers and our entire sewage system never sits idle. We have never had any poop piles, paper clogs or escaping odors.
[emoji40][emoji382]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210415_144914207.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	329881
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #35

I'm a High Liquid to solid ratio guy!!

I have a 4th drain valve permanently installed on common drain header
With it closed I can have 128 gals of waste storage
Combine grey/galley with black and there you go---High Liquid/Solid ratio

70 gallons of fresh water...........easily go 10 days w/o really trying
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 03:14 PM   #36

A number of people have mentioned Scott's single ply, and I imagine those that have tried "single ply" summarily dismissed the idea.
In truth, I did too, until I tried it.
It's not like regular "RV Single Ply", it's "quilted" somehow, and is much more robust.
The trick is (we've found), is to go to the RV section of WallyWorld and look for:
"Scott's Rapid Dissolve Single Ply". Not overpriced and generally available.

Seems to be a happy medium between "see through" single-ply and "Regular" 2-ply.
That's all we use now.
YMMV.
O LLOYD
O Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 03:29 PM   #37

For years we've used Charmin Ultra Soft. ZERO problems in any of the RVs we've had, including our current motorhome (in which we full time).

We use a normal amount of water when flushing...whatever it takes to get the bad stuff down the hole.
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:41 PM   #38

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
Bathroom tissue.

I don't know if it matters what brand and type when the black water tank sensors won't tell you if the tank is full, or empty, or 1/3 full, or whatever. I hope I never meet the guy who invented these black water tank systems. He is probably living the high life laughing at all of us. I have to use a 'tool' hooked up to my water hose and it sprays like a pressure washer around in the black water tank, then wait for 20-30 minutes to see if the doggone reading goes down (usually does after this method). Still doesn't matter next trip. When I open the valves to hook up the hoses lots of crap pours out and makes me real popular with the camping neighbors. Black water systems are the worst part of camping.....period.
That said, I leave you with a smile....happy camping.
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:42 PM   #39

Ist year we used rv toilet.. for the last 15, we use what we buy for home. No issues

Myth.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:56 PM   #40

2 solutions

Get a bidet, I bought one and a mixing valve and ran hot water line to the bidet.

it works great and uses warm water. also got a new toilet with a sprayer to clean out the bowl if needed.

Get a Macerator pump. it connects to the outlet of the black water tank and macerates everything and pumps it out into the dump station. well worth it. Can even pump it out a regular garden hose instead of the sewer hose.
msav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:58 PM   #41

We still are using Sears catalogs, but are almost out now.
We Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 03:00 PM   #42

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlackDak View Post
We use the Walmart everyday value double ply. Never had any issues.
Scotts for us and water, water, and more water. Wife discards when peeing in trash can
gcollins1954 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet