Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2015, 06:27 AM   #15

Wheww!!!!

OK. Thanks everyone for giving advice and helping me care for my baby, my first TT. I was a little scared leaving the cord just out upside down, but I guess that wasn't too bad. Now to get the dry lubricant. We leave on our first trip this Monday for 6 days. Just bought a crapload of essentials to just get by for the week. I'm sure all get more stuff tailored to our camping style as we go.

Another item I'm looking into is mice, flying insects, and ant protection while camping and when stored outside in a paved fenced in lot. Any thoughts?

Thanks again everyone. Stress level is at a manageable level now. I'll be sure to pass on what I've learned to others in need.
new premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2015, 06:39 AM   #16

New thread or different forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by new premier View Post
OK. Thanks everyone for giving advice and helping me care for my baby, my first TT. I was a little scared leaving the cord just out upside down, but I guess that wasn't too bad. Now to get the dry lubricant. We leave on our first trip this Monday for 6 days. Just bought a crapload of essentials to just get by for the week. I'm sure all get more stuff tailored to our camping style as we go.

Another item I'm looking into is mice, flying insects, and ant protection while camping and when stored outside in a paved fenced in lot. Any thoughts?

Thanks again everyone. Stress level is at a manageable level now. I'll be sure to pass on what I've learned to others in need.
Should I create a new thread or go to a different forum for the pests question?
new premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:12 AM   #17

Just get a gallon bottle of what ever outdoor insect control and spray around all the ground contact points of your trailer after you set up. No biggie !
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:26 AM   #18

Better to start a new thread. The only warning is careful where you spray because you have a number of potential ignition sources and bug spray can be highly flammable. A fridge running on propane has an open flame inside behind a cover and your water heater also gets incredibly hot and can also run on propane with an open flsme.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:03 PM   #19

Spread the dry granulated insect control stuff found at your local hardware store around and under the trailer for storage and camping. I do, and I can tell during a weekend camping trip if I didn't put it out when I arrived.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:00 PM   #20

For the tongue there really is no need to cover it with anything, we have a ball lock on ours is all.
For the pigtail I just tucked it up under the propane cover in between the tank and plastic

As for the jacks we had that question as well. Wasn't mentioned in the short or long term storage checklist in our owners manual and no one else on the lot had theirs down so we just left them up. I suppose it doesn't matter one way or another as there really is nothing to be damaged.

and for the vents we just taped a bit of thin pink insulation foam to the back of the covers to keep bugs out
Some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:12 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFlcamper View Post
Spread the dry granulated insect control stuff found at your local hardware store around and under the trailer for storage and camping. I do, and I can tell during a weekend camping trip if I didn't put it out when I arrived.
I hate my wife's dog, that will remedy that.......
Pooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:19 AM   #22

Fire from spraying bug spray around ground contact points ????? Come On !!! I appreciate safety But !!! You work for OSHA
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #23

Don't put it in the dog's food, sprinkle it around. Never bothers my dog.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote