Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Took delivery of new Heartland Eagle Ridge

Last week I took ndelivery of my new 37' Eagle Ridge.

Wellllllllllllll. I won't say I'm sorry I bought it but things I consider poor quality are starting to show up even before I have had a chance to use it. The undercarriage cover is sagging, Sealants and cauking is coming off in several places. Hole and gaps that will allow mice to take up residence.

I won't know about life on the road for a couple of weeks.

I sure hope things look better when I start using it.

Wish me luck.
ltcps is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Itcps: Did you use a PDI prior to delivery? Sorry your having some problems with the rig. Let's hope the dealer and the manufacture will correct these problems for you, just make a list and check to make sure they did the requested repairs. Good Luck keep us informed.
MikenAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:19 AM   #3

Please send me information about your dealer and your predelivery inspections.

Everyone at Heartland strives to build and deliver the best product available.

You can contact me via my email:

bryanw@heartlandrvs.com

Thank you,

Bryan Walczak
Product Manager
Heartland Recreational Vehicles
Elkhart, Indiana
bwalczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #4

whats the lattest? i hope it gets worked out bc the wife and i really like some of the heartland rvs. please let us know what happens so i can learn a few things about this company.
TEX-CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:42 AM   #5

If you can send me a quick email, I will get you my cell number and a few other contacts here at Heartland that can help.

Please let us know what the problem was.

Bryan Walczak
bryanw@heartlandrvs.com
Product Manager
Heartland Recreational Vehicles
Elkhart, IN
bwalczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Tom (ltcps)

It is not often that a manufacturer pipes in here and offers to help. I suggest you take Bryan up on his offer to help.

While I do not own one nor have I ever RV'ed in one, I am familiar with some of Heartland's product line (Big Foot, Sundance, Cyclone, Razor and North Trail). I have found them to be of very good quality in their perspective price points.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Finally able to log onto the site again! Was on an trip with the new 5th wheel Eagle Ridge and was having computer connection problems.

I really appreciate all of the help offered by the manufacturer and will avail myself of their help very soon. Some health problems are going to take presidence first.

The trip did show the unit is built very well with the problems I mentioned from the factory to be addressed by the dealer.

In no way am I seriously upset with either the dealer or the manufacturer and would recommend anyone to consider the Eagle Ridge!

The problems of the belly cover sagging, bad glue application to paper trim and the gaps large enough that might allow rodents to establish homes are the main items.

Pulling, connecting and loading up, and living in the unit is very satisfactory.

We are heading out on an even longer trip asap. This last trip was very enjoyable.

In summary, go have a look at this new unit. Some small problems exist in every unit no matter which manufacturer. My daughter just bought a new diesel class "A" and it has been in the shop for the two weeks she has owned it. She had to fly and stay in motels this comming week onr her trip from Missouri to L.A. to watch my granddaughters track meet at UCLA.

Again the problems I have are fixable and I am satisfied. I have a great dealer and trust Heartland to make things right.

I'm sorry if I left an impression of being a grumpy, hard to satisfy old goat (my wifes words for over 46 years).

Enjoy life to the fullest and God Bless the USA! Thanks be to those brave men and women serving and defending our country!
ltcps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland