Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2022, 07:17 PM   #15

I guess it never crossed my mind they’d just tack weld something. Kind of defeats the purpose….. I’m glad I came here to ask…

Somebody asked about budget earlier . Don’t have exact budget . The ones I’ve looked at that seemed like they’d fit me were mostly 35-40k msrp level stuff . Not sure what they actually sell for at this point . But if I need to spend a little more for better quality I will
Midway1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2022, 06:19 AM   #16

If you get a chance check out the Black Series bumper pulls. At least close out their website.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:39 PM   #17

Man, it seems so inconsistent the luck people have with RV's. Like people have mentioned, when I read these types of discussions it seems like some people have great experiences with RV's generally considered less quality and bad experiences with super expensive, high build quality units.

I have a 2017 KZ Escape that had a bad leak when it was a year old that did damage to the floor before I realized it was leaking. It's still usable so I just sealed up the area it was leaking in and continue to use it. It's not leaking anymore and I don't want to tear into it to replace wood.

I also have a 2012 Lance camper that leaked right after I bought it through the skylights - I got both replaced and resealed. The electric jacks started having issues within 6 months of purchase. That brand folded so I had to buy aftermarket electronic controls which I haven't replaced yet. It's doesn't look like the easiest job in the world - at least to me. The fridge won't relight the flame when it's in gas mode and it's a fridge that isn't made anymore so it's hard to find parts for. Just one thing after another. And it's a Lance which I bought because I heard they were high build quality.

I'm in the same boat as the original poster of this thread. I'm considering living in an RV for a year or two with my wife and I'm trying to research and find out all I can. I like a lot of the floor plans of the Keystone trailers and 5th wheels I have seen and heard people with both great and horrible experiences. Some say stay away at all costs and others say they love theirs. It almost seems like I should just find a trailer with a floor plan I like, if I'm buying used, get an inspection, and from there just hope for the best and expect all sorts of issues and be pleasantly surprised if things don't go horribly wrong! I don't have tons of money to spend so I have to keep my expectations of what brand I buy somewhat reasonable.
Matthew B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer