Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #15

Take a small screwdriver and spread all of the posts in the tow vehicle side of the connector to insure a good connection inside. Also you could use a set of jumper cables between the truck frame and the trailer frame to insure a good ground. This will help isolate the problem.
On the lights that you have, are you sure that the white is the ground wire?

Tom
Toms57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #16

Check the bulbs. Are they the 2 filament type? They may be installed backwards. Or they may be the wrong bulbs all together.

Good luck.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #17

The red and brown wire?
336muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
I use a cheap tool from the parts store that has helped me often .It looks like a screw driver with a very shrap point on the end and wire coming out of the handle end, (which is hooked to ground .Clip it to ground and push the sharp point into the blue wire and have someone push brake pedal (a stick can also by used).If a good connection is made the handle of the tool will grow bright.
Even though you have replaced the wires , does not mean the connectors are making a strong connection. This tool will allow you to clip onto the ground and check points anywhere in the system. You can also check the strenght of ground wires by clipping onto a good know12vdc source(battery terminal positive) and pushing the sharp point into ground wires at various points.I find this helpful at the back of connectors too.
GOOD LUCK
Old 11-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #19

This may be a long shot but you didn't say what tow truck you have. My Ford has the towing package and under the hood are 2 relays. I had all kinds of problems with my lights until I changed out the relays. Took forever to figure it out.
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #20

ground

good idea, this will eliminate some things, i will report

thanks again
dave
gowen mi
vidaliaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring