Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2023, 02:28 PM   #15

I've found most RV couches to be worthless and that's usually the first thing to go. I replaced that with a plastic 4-tier shelf that I use for general organization and added pantry space. I'm mostly static and live in my RV part-time by myself (6'4" 220# male). I converted the rear bunk room to my living room by removing the cushions, tilting up the upper bunk, and putting in a Euro-recliner and ottoman. Overall, it works great. It sounds like OP and I are a lot alike. My time is spent at the dinette working, in the recliner watching TV or sleeping in the bedroom. I had zero use for that crappy little couch and the space is much more usable for storage.

I'm looking at downsizing from my mid-size 5th wheel (Hideout 308bhds) to a 26-30ish foot TT so I can be a bit more mobile. I could easily combine my rear living room and kitchen/dining into one room. I've found the manufacturers set these things up to look cute but there is never enough storage and too much furniture that is for people half my size.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2023, 10:30 PM   #16

Carolina Campers
tt for single person

Grand design makes a 17 foot to. Surprisingly it is pretty spacious inside. Has a Murphy bed so more room. It may fit your need and easy to tow. I have the 21foot nd really like it.
Old 05-03-2023, 12:58 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryn View Post
Grand design makes a 17 foot to. Surprisingly it is pretty spacious inside. Has a Murphy bed so more room. It may fit your need and easy to tow. I have the 21foot nd really like it.

there are murphy beds and jackknife mattresses. Ive read the jackknife mattresses are not great for 50 and over types..

Id really question the reliability of the murphy mechanism in anything but a top brand like Grand Design or Lance etc.. and even then...

Did the OP make a decision? Im a single guy and kinda looking for a 2016-18 lance.. I think the model is 1475? It has the two chairs on the campsite side.. and also the bath with a sink.. I realize Im going to pay big but I think it will hold value longer then most 2022-23 models and server me well.. double pane windows etc...

hard to find one though.. I may end up road tripping.
Barchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 08:48 AM   #18

As a single guy, I went with a 26' toy hauler.
https://coachmenrv.com/toy-haulers/c...azer/26TH/6095

I mainly liked the simple, open concept. No slides so less things to break. The bathroom is a bit bigger than average since you have to pass through it to get to the bedroom - no space wasted for a hallway. Back end has two jackknife couches that form a bed that can sleep 3, or seat 6+ for dinner. The ramp is also a patio for good weather days. There are 21' models if you need less space, or 36+ if you want more.

For office use you could easily put in a regular desk, office chair and even a recliner. No need to fold away your bed everyday since you aren't living/working in your bedroom.

I've debated about removing the jackknife couches in favor of a more comfortable love seat/recliner setup. I do hate the swivel rockers that came with it - too low and uncomfortable so those are gone. I ended up buying a large ATV last year so I do need to stick with the fold up option for the space now.

Even with a 1000 pound ATV and lots of gear I am under the max weight (CAT scale confirmed) and within the towing capacity of my 1/2 ton pickup.
tom92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 10:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Dog View Post
Trailers with murphy beds may be worth looking at.
After reading the first post, this was my initial though also.

Here's an article for starters. Click here.

With those models that have bunks, (if you go this direction), those bunks become very valuable storage space. So, don't rule out those models with bunks.
Old 05-05-2023, 10:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vagabond View Post
Tower will be a cargo van rated at 10,000 pounds trailer. Would like a floor length of 26 to 29 feet.
I should have seen this earlier. Being vague with answers makes it difficult to get good answers sometimes. I hope you are referring to a Chevy/GMC 2500/3500 which has a rather short distance from the rear axle to the hitch. Not so affected by sway. You do not want a Ford 15 passenger that has the long overhang, as they are much affected by sway. They might be OK for the proper size trailer but a 26 to 29 ft sail would be too much, The overhang was to cheaply allow for more seats (church bus).

Charles
Old 05-06-2023, 01:50 PM   #21

A single guy does not need much room. I was in a 2008 Gulfstream Streamlite 22SLB for 7 months and had plenty of room. But I was in Florida and my DW was in Ohio. When she visited the trailer was too small. I never got in my own way but two people were too many.

I towed this trailer with a 2011 F-150 which was a nice combo.

I am thinking you do not need a slide. I would want a PVC roof like in a StarCraft or Lance trailer and probably a few others. If you try to follow the sun that helps with not needing much insulation and you can buy a 3 season camper.

If I was single I would go to Arizona and spend winters near Mesa Arizona and in summer Flagstaff. Arizona has BLM land that is open camping for not a lot of $$$. I believe they have BLM land at the higher cooler elevations as well as lower warmer elevations.

I say PVC roofing material to withstand the sun.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 10:18 AM   #22

I'm similar but maybe opposite, I have a small TT with Full-Size bed, and ripped out my dinette and replaced it with a desk and office chair. To me, having a comfortable place to sit and a bigger bed is more important so I upgraded to a Cougar 22MLS. King size bed, theater seating, and killed the dinette and replaced it with desk and office chair. 5731lbs dry, half-ton friendly (barely) and heated tanks and belly for work projects in Idaho.
Brigrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 08:45 PM   #23

I would guess you are looking for something to vagabond around in, but if. you are looking for a suitable static travel trailer, I have just listed one on this site's classifieds. Like you, I had needs (as a single female) quite different from the standard RV consumer and redid my travel trailer to make it rather simple.
IdahoID is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
single, trailer, travel, travel trailer