Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2022, 12:20 PM   #15

The best advantage to DP windows is the lack of condensation. A single pane of 1/8" glass only has an R value of .91. So two 1/8" with air space is roughly R2. Not enough to actually benefit in cold or hot temps.
I've had both and maybe it's mental but my current TT with DP windows just feels better inside.
The main consideration when looking at RV's with windows is the size and or amount of windows. TT/5er windows allows a lot of heat inside and heat loss in cold weather.
The big back window on rear living type floor plans is a magnet for heat on sunny warm days. Same with heat loss on colder days.
Only solution is that the heater of AC will need to run longer more often.

As to the best 28' TT for full timing I'd go ORV or Northwood.
I know the OP's looking at TT's but IMO the best towable RV in that length or close to it would be a Northwood 27-5L 5th wheel. Only 29'9" OAL but will tow shorter since it's a 5er. Huge tanks, large open floor plan and built to handle boondocking.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2022, 08:29 PM   #16

Well Sir, Id have to say your options are limitless if you live in Texas, and are more than 200mi. from the ocean. The only limit is your budget. You can go new or used. No easy answer here.
Airstream is the obvious answer for the best. But when I was 18 I lived in a no name 16ft POS that was good enough for me, cost me $75 a month rental in southern Cal.. Me, Id look for pay now value which means like new used.
Old 12-25-2022, 09:48 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Wait! Dave has had 7 rigs? Darn it, I'm gonna have to step up the pace. We've only owned 6.
I think he's going to beat us.
Cheers.............
Old 12-28-2022, 03:05 PM   #18

Don’t make my mistake and get a service tech to look at your RV before the one year warranty runs out. Because of COVID I didn’t get mine checked and I’ve got bad slide, broken shock, etc. Spent $3,000.00 already and the slide still isn’t working right , there is 2” gap and it takes two people to open it to keep gears from grinding. Windows leak etc. Just makes an expensive RV more expensive. Maybe get the seller to pay for tech of your choice to verify everything is working. From what service techs tell me expect warranty repairs to take around a month if you need parts.
2021 Arctic Fox 27-5L
lstelmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 09:12 AM   #19

I would look at Airstream, Lance or Arctic Fox.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:43 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstelmat View Post
Don’t make my mistake and get a service tech to look at your RV before the one year warranty runs out. Because of COVID I didn’t get mine checked and I’ve got bad slide, broken shock, etc. Spent $3,000.00 already and the slide still isn’t working right , there is 2” gap and it takes two people to open it to keep gears from grinding. Windows leak etc. Just makes an expensive RV more expensive. Maybe get the seller to pay for tech of your choice to verify everything is working. From what service techs tell me expect warranty repairs to take around a month if you need parts.
2021 Arctic Fox 27-5L
Guessing it's your closet slide thats funky?
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 03:35 PM   #21

No it’s the main slide. It appears the box is hitting the cutout. Neither are square.
lstelmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 03:54 PM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Luxe claims to have the best full-time RV.

Tags
fulltime, trailer, travel, travel trailer