Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #1

TT 9 month old needs new roof.

has anyone delt with a lemon travel trailer? I think I have one I need advice on how to proceed? Purchased new shadow cruiser January 2014. On first outing we went back to the dealer with 21 issues. These issues were mostly small, leaking plumbing, furnace not working, loose side skirting, no support under the tub, wrinkles on the roof. Dealer fixed most items, others he stated were none issues. Fast forward,today trailer is back to the dealer this time I was told the roof needs to be replaced. This time it will be in the shop for 3 to 4 weeks. Can I get my money back?
dib31850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #2

Get a lawyer, like a doctor, they will work for you until you run out of money. Good luck.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Doesn't sound that bad compared to some stories on here. Once again points to the lack of quality control and inspection at the factory. That's why I buy used. I let the first owner iron out all the bugs and eat the depreciation on the new price.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #4

Granted most issues should have been fixed at walk through or before but at least most got fixed. Now you are getting a new roof. Since all has been covered and has not cost you anything you should be good. If it was all happening just outside a year, then ... But luckily everything is being fixed. Take a deep breath and enjoy once you get it back.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:38 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
Take a deep breath and enjoy once you get it back.
I have a feeling that may not happen. It sounds like a poor quality trailer, and the problems are likely to continue.
Kurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #6

Two ways to look at it. Maybe this is the last issue. Or it will keep having issues. Unless you got an extended warranty then you only have 3 months left for warranty work. Since you probably won't be using it all that much after you get it back then next years issues will be on your wallet. If you keep having issues after the new roof then I'd trade it in on a different one. There's always the possibility that you'll have issues with the new one too, but pretty slim that you'll need the roof replaced. I would try and get into a higher quality trailer next time.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurmudgeon View Post
I have a feeling that may not happen. It sounds like a poor quality trailer, and the problems are likely to continue.

yes it seems sad that you get the feeling the they hope your the type of guy that the 1 offs

like get a cool jet ski but never have time to take it out or say you dont take care of it right

or a 4wheeler

some do the some with low cost TT get it and may only take it out 4 times a year and so they hope time runs out for any Wwork before you ever put any time on the unit for any thing to show up
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof