Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2018, 08:37 AM   #1

TT covers

We're going to be getting our 1st TT soon. I'm looking into RV covers. The TT doesn't have a ladder attached to it so I don't think it's made to walking on top a lot of times. So 1st question should I get a canopy cover that I just back the TT into or get an actual cover that I have to put on and take off each time. 2nd question How good is it to have a RV cover that I have to put on and take off when living in Florida. Does it hold up with the humidity and mildew? Thanks
Dan B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #2

cover

If you can swing it, get a canopy or carport. Trying to unravel a cover is annoying & a lot of trouble especially if you feel the roof will not support your weight. Makes it even harder if you are older & have trouble climbing a ladder. I finally gave up a few years back & purchased a 3 sided carport & now just back in to store & walk away. Makes it even better for maintenance in any weather. RV stays cleaner & caulking lasts longer.
I would also believe fabric covers are only good for a couple of years in Florida.
anthonyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:51 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Covers are not waterproof and with the humidity in Florida it will mildew underneath. Get a carport for sure.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:05 AM   #4

Many TT don’t come with ladders these days. That doesn’t mean you should not walk on the roof. I think it’s more for liability reasons than anything. It also puts stress on the back wall. It is important to get on the roof periodically to inspect and clean the roof.
As others have already mentioned, car ports are much easier and so much less time consuming. Just a bit more expensive
Happy Camping
Old 01-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakterp View Post
Many TT don’t come with ladders these days. That doesn’t mean you should not walk on the roof. I think it’s more for liability reasons than anything. It also puts stress on the back wall. It is important to get on the roof periodically to inspect and clean the roof.
As others have already mentioned, car ports are much easier and so much less time consuming. Just a bit more expensive
Happy Camping
X2. Check with your manufacturer, but most will handle a person on the roof (some "extra/ultra lites" are the exception). You want to be able to wash and treat/do maintenance to your roof and seals if you want to maximize the life of your unit.

I would love to have a carport/canopy instead of using a cover, but our location/property isn't suited for one. If that's an option for you, that would bey vote.

The ADCO covers with Tyvek are breathable and we've never had an issue in 13 years of use. We cover year round when not in use to protect from UV wear and tear from sitting in the sun.

The life span of an RV cover can be short in windy areas. We got 8 years out of of first cover, but that is rare.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover