RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2020, 04:14 PM   #1

TT model recommendations?

My wife and I currently sleep in the back of our Ram 2500 in the shell or in a tent. We would like a travel trailer like all of our friends and neighbors, to extend the season.

About a decade ago we had a 19' older model for a year and had a really summer with some great road trips in it but sold it to move across country. We are looking for something similar 18-24 feet. We don't want anything bigger as it is just the two of us with two dogs.

We are setting a budget of $7000. Is there a year make or model we should look at in this price range or models we should avoid?

Most of the units would be about 4-5 hours drive away but there are a lot of them available. Models we are looking at.

1999 23' AeroLite M-23RB (updated)

2006 Aljo light

1999 Tahoe Glide Lite

1999 Thor Aerolite CUB 21

Thanks for any suggestions.

PB

Photobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2020, 09:50 PM   #2

we have a 27' Fleetwood T/T with a 14' slide. its just right for the two of us and one med sized dog. the slide adds so much more room, the bath is comfortable and the queen bed is nice. its really the perfect T/T for us. I tow with a 1500 GMC and have no problems what so ever. we looked for over a year until we found this one. so don't give up and buy something your not sure about.
Jay D.

Jay D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:09 PM   #3

TT model recommendations?

Take a look at older Sunnybrook and Mobile Scout travel trailers. They were very well made and should still be great buys if well taken care of. They also made the brands Sunser Creek, Remington, and Harmony.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:33 AM   #4

Agree with trying to find an old SunnyBrook. At one time this brand had the fewest problems.

Winnebago bought Sunnybrook in 2010/2011ish. Look at 2012 or so Winnebago Mini trailers.
tuffr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 04:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Flyer View Post
Take a look at older Sunnybrook and Mobile Scout travel trailers. They were very well made and should still be great buys if well taken care of. They also made the brands Sunser Creek, Remington, and Harmony.
Thanks for the suggestion. That brand is harder find but it is nice to know which brands are well made so we can concentrate on a good model. The makes you mentioned are harder to find and often larger than we are looking for. We are often camping on forest service roads and don't want to drag too much trailer and or make it too hard to drive for my wife.

We are used to camping outside we only need a toilet, dinning table, kitchen and one bed. I would likely tend to a 17-18 footer than a 27 footer.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:05 AM   #6

My wife commented Sunnybrook, sounds like a retirement community.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photobug View Post
We are often camping on forest service roads and don't want to drag too much trailer and or make it too hard to drive for my wife.

We are used to camping outside we only need a toilet, dinning table, kitchen and one bed. I would likely tend to a 17-18 footer than a 27 footer.
With your budget, and stated use, do a cargo trailer conversion. 1" welded steel tubing in walls and ceiling, plenty tough for forest service roads. Here's ours for ideas. Also take a look at Sport Motors RV/Trailer in Pocatello, ID as an option. Have them quote the size you want with an RV door and windows factory installed, then finish it out yourself to suit your style of camping. Ours was ~ $6,500 completed, including the purchase of the new trailer customer ordered.
Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers • View topic - 4 kids+ 6 bikes+ 4 kayaks+ 1 canoe+ camp stuff=7x16 CTC
Now, it's just us and two medium sized dogs...good to go.
Normal_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal_Dave View Post
With your budget, and stated use, do a cargo trailer conversion. 1" welded steel tubing in walls and ceiling, plenty tough for forest service roads. Here's ours for ideas. Also take a look at Sport Motors RV/Trailer in Pocatello, ID as an option. Have them quote the size you want with an RV door and windows factory installed, then finish it out yourself to suit your style of camping.
I saw one of those for sale down in SLC with roof racks, solar, etc. It looked nice and if I was closer i would have looked at it and likely purchased it. I already have way more projects than I need (home and boats), so want something mostly ready to go.