Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #1

Cool TV angle a HUGE problem. Need Ideas

My Rv has one of those picture frame boxes where the TV mounts inside and rotates 360 from the living room to the bedroom. When in the living room you can watch fine, in the bedroom you have to sit up or the picture and colors are distorted.

My problem is the picture frame box where the TV sits. What could I use to angle the tv without interfering with the rotation in case I want to use it in both rooms? Not sure what would work. Anyone out here with the same problem or a solution.

Thanks
Millie
brnigrl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2016, 07:47 PM   #2

You did not mention the make / model of your trailer or the TV???? Guessing you may have a lower quality TV, but hard to tell with no details
Old 04-12-2016, 01:59 AM   #3

Depends on how the tv is mounted. If its wall mounted there should be a way of adjusting the pitch on it depending on the mount. Usually a couple of bolts on the top of the mount. Loosen to pitch down, tighten to pitch up. If its sitting on a base then some wooden shims would do but a tv that isn't sitting level can be a dangerous thing for small persons and animals.

Quality of the tv doesent have anything to do with it, thats just one of the drawbacks of led-lcd. Normally it wouldent be a problem in a home but in a tight space where there is only so much room and places to sit, being able to be in a place to sit at the proper viweing angle can be a challenge.

FYI plasma tvs don't suffer from limited viewing angles, only catch is manufactures stopped producing them in 2014.
Some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:16 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some1 View Post

Quality of the tv doesent have anything to do with it, thats just one of the drawbacks of led-lcd. Normally it wouldent be a problem in a home but in a tight space where there is only so much room and places to sit, being able to be in a place to sit at the proper viweing angle can be a challenge.

FYI plasma tvs don't suffer from limited viewing angles, only catch is manufactures stopped producing them in 2014.
Quality LED and LCD TVs don't suffer from restricted viewing angles either. The only screen I own that shares the OPs problem is on my wife's laptop.
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
Quality LED and LCD TVs don't suffer from restricted viewing angles either. The only screen I own that shares the OPs problem is on my wife's laptop.
You 100% correct Scatter

The quality of the TV has quite a bit to do with it. Here is a simple test. Go to your local Best Buy or similar store and look at the differences in the quality of the screens from an angle. There is a significant difference in picture quality especially at an angle between a low end and high end TVs.

If the quality of the of TVs didn't matter we would all own no name brands and Samsung and other high end brands would not exist. Just common sense.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:21 AM   #6
IC2

I think we got a bit sidetracked so OK - the quality situation is answered, now let's help Millie.

It sounds like the TV can only rotate around its bracket axis and doesn't have the ability to move up or down. In this case, I would hop over to the Amazon website and look for a bracket that will not only allow the TV to rotate but articulate multiple ways. You will need a pretty heavy duty version for a bouncing RV which translates into spending more then a couple bucks. Here are a few: Amazon Best Sellers: Best TV Mounts
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:28 AM   #7

If I could edit my post i would

I wasnt aware people would be so sensitive to such things...
Some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:12 AM   #8

I believe from the OPs post that the TV is mounted inside a cabinet that rotates and not an articulating wall mount bracket. Agree with IC2 that Amazon will have a variety of mounts that can work for you.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:28 AM   #9

Not sure this is a mountng issue, thus the comments on the TV itself. Would help greatly to know more details.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:52 AM   #10

I have the same setup the OP. The Jensen was exchanged for a Samsung and a wall mount with forward and backward adjustments. As of this time, I've never used that adjustment and watch TV in the bedroom all the time. To clarify, I did not get the full-motion wall mount.

[SIGPIC]sigpic160806_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
sd75mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:34 AM   #11

So it is the TV........
Old 04-12-2016, 11:08 AM   #12

My opinion is the bedroom is for sleeping or !!!!!!, and you don't need tv for either !
Old 04-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
My opinion is the bedroom is for sleeping or !!!!!!, and you don't need tv for either !
Old 04-12-2016, 06:40 PM   #14

Don't know about your TV or media hookup, but mine can also play soothing music in the bedroom for sleep or music to exercise by!

[SIGPIC]sigpic160806_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
sd75mac is offline   Reply With Quote