Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2017, 08:50 PM   #1

Venture Sonic

Does anyone have experience with Venture Sonic travel trailers? We like some of the construction detail like the one piece fiberglass roof and the huckbolt frame but cannot find customer satisfaction or non satisfaction with this brand. Any information or opinions is greatly appreciated.
Triptaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2017, 11:26 AM   #2

KZ RV Club
We own a 2015 Sonic SN220vrb as a couples trailer and are very happy with it.
We wanted a dinette slide, usable counter space, adequate frig/freezer, a decent shower with doors, a murphy bed to give us more floor area when needed on wet days, the outdoor kitchen-although small meets our needs and lots of cupboard and closet space.
Weight was a key issue as well as our truck has a tongue weight limit of 620lbs. This trailer with our stuff aboard runs about the tongue weight to 530lbs.
Coveredwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:13 PM   #3

Thanks so much for the reply! Have you been disappointed in quality with anything or do you feel that the travel trailer is well made? Many of the reasons you stated is why we are interested in this trailer
Old 03-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #4

I have a Venture Sport Trek. You are right, it does seem hard to find reviews and comments on Venture products. I welcome comments from others because I am pretty sure they have sold more than these two travel trailers. I have the 327 vik and have had it for one camping season. Mine is a great floor plan and my wife and I love this camper so far. No complaints whatsoever to this point. It seems to be a well built TT. We have also received a lot of compliments about the looks of it, which is nice, but doesn't speak of anything but the aesthetics. After one year I must say I have no reason not to recommend the brand. If you seem excited about it I would suggest go for it.
Encpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:21 PM   #5

Thank you! We just sold our jayco hybrid and I want to make sure we do not make a mistake with this purchase. We are looking at the Sonic 200vml. We love the floor plan and the large rear bath. I'm a little unsure if the storage is enough but for us the two couches and floor space is just what we are looking for. I can't find out if the exterior walls are vacuum bonded or pinch rolled. If they are pinch rolled I will look for a different trailer. I emailed Venture and haven't received a response. Our sales person is not the best with product knowledge which is aggravating
Old 03-09-2017, 01:29 PM   #6

KZ RV Club
Well, as trailers go I think this is as well constructed as any that roll off an assembly line at "X" number of trailers per day.
We looked at a lot of different units in our price and weight restriction range and at a number of different dealers and selected the Sonic vrb220 as it met most of our needs and the dealer (who has an excellent reputation) was close (1.5 hrs away!?). We have had "0" problems so far!
I am sure that you will make this camper your own with the modifications that suit your camping style. We certainly did! The various forums will give you many ideas, u-tube is also a great resource.
Enjoy!
Coveredwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:44 PM   #7

Well today I found out the fiberglass walls are pinch rolled which I don't like. I also wish they used azdel in the wall construction. Salesman said pinch rolled is no big deal and azdel is something manufacturers are getting away from. I feel like I am being fed a line. I think vacuum bonded and azdel are better quality. I'm getting confused now because the fiberglass roof is good and so is the huck bolted frame. Are the walls not that important? I really like the interior of this trailer but I'm worried I'm getting caught up in "pretty" and making excuses for quality.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:21 PM   #8

We just bought a Snoic 190vrb 2 weeks ago and took it out last weekend. I mostly looked at this brand due to its lightweight, 1 piece roof and the non-corrugated exterior. This is my first camper so I have nothing to compare it to.

What I can tell you is that I am really happy with it. I was worried that I couldn't find many reviews or though on the brand beforehand I bought as well. 2 closest dealers to me were Portland (3 hours away) and Pasco WA (3.5 hours away).

I bought the nearly "base model" and it came with some perks I like such as the BRIGHT LED strip that you can focus in different directions, black tank spray, portable solar plug, lighted entry.

The trailers from Sonic look great and seem to use the space well. Plus they are easy to tow with the lighter weight.
Leechiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:04 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Thank you! We just sold our jayco hybrid and I want to make sure we do not make a mistake with this purchase.
Did you have issues with your older Jayco as far as exterior wall de-lam? (de-lamination). There was a series of years maybe back 8-12 years ago there were many issues with delam on a number of RV trailer makers.

Our 05' Aerolite had just a small spot on one of the bunk doors, but no big deal. Our newer Aerolite hybrid (2013) the exterior walls have a more textured surface, which seem to give a little more of a "solid" feel. Now entering our 6th season in this unit, I'm totally satisfied, but we to are looking at new (non-hybrid) trailers.

Saturday we looked at the Highland Ridge Light units. It's a higher priced unit, but after an hour looking it over, I was not convinced the extra $5 or $10k was worth it. We did pop our heads into a Sonic unit.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:28 AM   #10

I'm interested in finding out info/reviews of the Venture Sonic lines too as this is on my short list. I am interested in this brand mainly for the nice layouts, aluminum side wall/roof rafter construction, with basic frills such as wood cabinets, neo-angle shower etc in a small coach size. I am considering the SN210VRD: J Shape sofa - no slideout.

I am looking for something that is going to be low maintenance from an exterior perspective and easy to maneuver. My main driver for a small travel trailer is to take to fiber shows and seminars which are usually located at personal residents or Civic/Community Centers. Currently we have a 34 foot LQ horse trailer, and that is size is just to cumbersome or next to impossible to pull into small areas that I frequent for those fiber shows.

Problem for me is I am used to solid aluminum welds, thick marine grade aluminum frame and flooring with no bounce at all felt in the LQ area. The interior components such as fridge, microwave, A/C etc are pretty standard between LQs and RVs. However, I am having a difficult time comparing apples to apples with construction types between brands. And most dealers don't now their product well enough to answer my technical construction/maintenance questions.

This will also be used a supplemental travel trailer with our extended family, when we tow Big Momma (as we call the dually with the LQ). So it will get more "action" than our LQ throughout the year.

Looking forward to reading other responses to your post.
ponytammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:47 AM   #11

We ended up taking the plunge and ordered the Venture Sonic 200 VML. We should be picking it up in the next two weeks. We are excited because this camper will be a step up for us from a Jayco Hybrid. Our Jayco was a 2017 model and we had no quality issues with it but it did not fit us well. We bought that one mainly for the amount of sleeping space for grandchildren in the future but what we found is we were not comfortable and were dealing with condensation in the canvas ends. The space was too tight and after camping with it on numerous occasions decided I needed a bed that was easy to get into. So we sold the Jayco and took a small hit and began looking again.

We did not want to make another mistake with our next purchase so floor plan became our first priority and we wanted quality. The sonic 200 vml is where we settled and I'm looking forward to picking it up and going camping.

We were limited to size because of tow vehicle. We wanted a comfortable bed, comfortable sofa and a spacious bathroom. I think we are getting all of that in our new sonic plus floor space. I like the interior finish and am pleased with the solid one piece fiberglass roof. I like the tandem axel and for the size feel like we are getting a lot of pluses for a trailer in this size range and price point.

I don't know if any of the Venture Sonic owners would be interested, but I would love to start a FB group where we could share experiences, likes and dislikes with our Sonic RV's.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:39 PM   #12

Congrats Triptaker. Count me in for a Sonic specific group.

We have about 9 weekend trips planned through end of July (wife is expecting mid-aug) so we should have some experiences to share in the near future.
Leechiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #13

Here is a link to the Facebook group that I created for Venture Sonic RV owners and prospective owners.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/205760309927476/
Old 04-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #14

Just got my Sonic 210 vrd last week on Friday. I ordered it in November and it really took them a long time to deliver. I am excited for the camping season and will update how everything goes with our new sonic.
Tribun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent