Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2022, 11:11 AM   #1

Vinyl Covers

Hi, all,

I have been on this site on and off for several years as we were cussing and discussing if and what kind of TT we should get. We finally bought a wonderful TT last Spring. Enjoyed it immensely. About six weeks ago, had some bad winds and our TT was blown over and consequently totalled by insurance. We are heartsick, we loved that trailer. We have learned lessons and gotten experience. First thing, it's just too windy to keep it on our land, so we found a reasonably priced storage place. We'd love to buy the same TT we had but have had a hard time finding one so we have found another with the same floorplan and the price is right.

My question: we travel with our cat and he has a tendency to scratch. This new used unit has vinyl coverings on the dining booth set. I want to cover them but before I bug my DIL to sew for me, I wondered if anyone had had any luck in finding them on Amazon, Camping World or another site. I'm not but maybe I'm too limited.

Thanks for reading my novelette.

Jenny
luckystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2022, 11:27 AM   #2

Well, as soon as I posted this, I found some covers on Amazon. Thanks for any other advice you can offer.

Jenny
Old 02-10-2022, 12:29 PM   #3

Not related to your topic, but an idea for you. Get a steel rv port with sides for your rv and you will not have to pay for storage. In a couple of years the fees will have paid for the building and your baby will be close by safe and secure.
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 02:57 PM   #4

Cat Scratcher for RV Dinette

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystar View Post
Hi, all,

My question: we travel with our cat and he has a tendency to scratch. This new used unit has vinyl coverings on the dining booth set. I want to cover them but before I bug my DIL to sew for me, I wondered if anyone had had any luck in finding them on Amazon, Camping World or another site. I'm not but maybe I'm too limited.

Thanks for reading my novelette.

Jenny
I made a cat scratcher board for one of the legs of our dinette using an 8 inch wide board cut to the length of one of the dinette posts. The board is wrapped very tightly with 1/2 inch sisal rope fastened with staples to the board. I drilled a couple of holes at each end about the width of the dinette post, and zip tied the scratcher board to the dinette post. Our cats prefer scratching this to anything else.
dhughes126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 06:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhughes126 View Post
I made a cat scratcher board for one of the legs of our dinette using an 8 inch wide board cut to the length of one of the dinette posts. The board is wrapped very tightly with 1/2 inch sisal rope fastened with staples to the board. I drilled a couple of holes at each end about the width of the dinette post, and zip tied the scratcher board to the dinette post. Our cats prefer scratching this to anything else.
This is a great idea. I had even thought of wrapping some rope around the table leg, hoping that that would catch his attention more than my vinyl seats!
Old 02-11-2022, 06:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
Not related to your topic, but an idea for you. Get a steel rv port with sides for your rv and you will not have to pay for storage. In a couple of years the fees will have paid for the building and your baby will be close by safe and secure.
Martian,

I appreciate this input. We are still considering our options but this sounds like really good one.

J