Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #15
GPW

Check out the rot ...

Some type of really CHEAP untreated OSB , unlike any OSB I've ever used... Real C**P!! Crumbled in the hand ... The black is the plastic "membrane" on the trailer bottom ... No attempt at sealing , not even glue to hold the flooring down ...What were they thinking ??? Now to check the other side ...

HP, the dealer moved away , likely for good reason too ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rot .jpg
Views:	110
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	8516  
GPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #16
GPW

Upon further checking /poking around , found that the rot extends to right under the door ... Pulled away all the loose material ... Big Hole now ...

So do I just cut away the bad stuff and scab in a new piece of wood .. I have some Good OSB .. well tested...to replace it .. and I'm thinking of sealing it , and the rest of the area , to lessen any further damage ...??? You guys have any ideas ???
Old 02-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #17

WE replaced our painful couch with 2 small recliners. They are very lightweight & have foot rests. They look more like very nice lawn chairs than stuffed recliners but sit great. We use tv trays to eat on. Works Great!
Traveler Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:11 AM   #18
GPW

TA, Thanks !!! That does sound Nice and Practical ... Removing our dinette sure gave us Lots more room (saved a lot of weight too )... and I found use for those cushions in my Cargo Trailer conversion ..

Got a call from a really Nice guy who works for an RV shop... He told me how to fix the TT myself and how to protect it in the future...
Trailer folks are just the Nicest people eh !!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #19
GPW

Well, fixed that ... http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/alb...p?pic_id=76083

Now back to tables and chairs ...
Old 02-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #20
GPW

Just a bit of extra "insurance" on the repair ... Today , I'm coating the board /floor area with my Min/poly penetrating sealer mix... Planning on putting carpet under the T&Cs... Don't want it to get soggy ...
Old 02-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Have you looked at http://www.rvsurplus.net/
Teachrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #22
GPW

Tim, Thanks for the link !!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #23
GPW

Now the wife is on about Bean bag chairs .... Er, I dunno' !!! Too OLD for those , I could get in , but would need help to get out ...
Old 03-05-2011, 06:14 AM   #24
GPW

Sometimes it's Not good to bring the wife in on these manly decisions...

Got her off the idea of bean bag chairs (we're too old for those ) So now she's on to just a couple folding chairs and TV trays ... Sure saves a Lot of weight over the now removed dinette ... But this may be a little too minimalist for comfort ...
Her logic is , if I want to recline , there's the bed and bunk ... I may have over emphasized the weight saving bits a little too much ... Women !!! ....grrrrrr!!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
One trailer we had, wicker swivel chairs and a wicker chest worked wonderfully.

Do make sure you have the leak stopped. The area around the outside access hole is a prime suspect. Next check all of the seals around the corners and roof.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #26

Solo Rvers Club
TXiceman, that's a great idea!
HoboPals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #27

Nice Chair/Recliner Option

We picked up 4 of these, and knocked the price down even more by using a $20- President's Day Sale Coupon given to us in-Store.

They're really sturdy, and look nice. There's a nifty lil round 'Handle' on the Arms. You turn it a 1/4 turn, and that 'holds' as fixed - temporarily - whatever degree of 'reclined-ness' you want to sit at. Chair construction is beefy.

The webbing is taut, and provides a whole different level of comfort and support from 'Old School' Chairs. Folks will have to weigh in as to whether these Chairs are good looking enough for inside use. We think so, and they have the flexibility of being both Inside/Outside Chairs for us. My TT Fashion Coordinator saw them, so they met her exacting aesthetic criteria.

J.C. Penney Patio Recliners
Engineer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:47 AM   #28
GPW

EG, I have one of those !!! Very Comfortable ....!!!! In fact I had to sleep in mine briefly during Katrina evac ... was either that or the floor !!!