Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2021, 06:01 PM   #1

Water Filter and FW Hose Storage

When you return from camping, what is the best way to preserve the removable water filter? The label says it's good for season, but how to keep it good? Just replacing the plastic end caps seems to me would end up with stagnant or moldy water inside.

Also, how about the fresh water connecting hose? Connecting the two hose ends together would trap any water inside. Leaving it open would facilitate insects and such getting in.

What's the best way?

21' TT.

Thanks.
czbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2021, 09:41 PM   #2

Regarding water filters, here is a link from a well known RV Water Filter site.
It discusses storage of filters that have been used.

https://rvwaterfilterstore.zendesk.c...s-between-Use-

Regarding the hoses, I try to drain as much of the water out of the hose, and connect the ends. I will open them up and sanitize them when we get home, leave them open all day then roll them up and connect the ends.
Ready for the next trip.

Tim
Old 03-21-2021, 11:15 PM   #3

I coil the hose up and screw the ends together. I put the hose, the filter, pressure regulator, and other fresh water items in a plastic tub with a lid. I have another tub for the shore power cord and dogbones, and other items, and a kinda long tub that the black water Rhino hose fits in.

Charles
Old 03-22-2021, 09:01 AM   #4

We don't use a filter nor do we worry about the hose. I sanitize the onboard water as needed but we do not use it for drinking or cooking. We carry 6-8 gallons of drinking water. If we hit a CG with good tasting water, we will fill an empty from the site tap as needed. This way we get the same good tasting water to drink and cook with and feel free to fill our where ever we need to. A lot of the potable water we encounter tastes really bad to us.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hose, storage, water