Water heater burning smell.
Background info: Friend of mine has his first TT. Moved it for him to his family's land but they weren't there for me to hook it up so I just dropped it off. He calls me a week later and says his batteries won't charge and lights are dim. Its the converter. Reason being is his dad plugged the trailer into the 220V dryer plug. Fried the microwave too. Installed new converter and all is well. However I think they may have shorted the electric water heater because there is a burning smell coming from the WH when electric is on. I told him just to turn it off and run it on propane. Is this still safe for them?