Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2021, 10:13 AM   #1

Water on the floor

I woke up today with water on the floor by my bed. I have a2018 Dutchman Aspen Trail R B . I donít see any water stains on the wall. The water inlets are close to where I saw the water on the floor. In the storage compartment there is a wall there to shield the water inlets. I am thinking that is where me leak is. I am new to to R V repair but do most of the repair work at home. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks again for your help.
Charlied3611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2021, 11:10 AM   #2

A lot of modern RVs use PEX plumbing, so any hardware store will have PEX plumbing and all the parts and accessories you need to repair it. And my experience is it's easier to repair than PVC plumbing.

theboondork.com
theboondork. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 11:22 AM   #3

First question, are you hooked up to city water? If so, the pressurized water is probably leaking/spraying onto your floor.

You will need to access the water lines which means removing the cover in the wet bay that you described. If that cover/shield cannot be removed, there must be another way to access those lines and connections, possibly under the bed.

As posted, the lines will be PEX and the connections are typically plastic. You may have a leak in either component, but it is most commonly in the connectors. Once you expose the plumbing, it should be obvious. Repairs, depending on what you find, are basically DIY with parts readily available at most hardware stores.

IMO, the most difficult part will be to access the area of the leak, but I have no experience with your type of RV.

BTW, if you are hooked to city water, you will get lots of advice to use only your tank/pump. If you have a leak as we suspect, your running or cycling pump will alert you to the issue early in the game. Further, if you were away from your RV, turning off the pump would prevent the massive flooding that would happen from pressurized city water.

Keep us posted.
Ljwt330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 12:39 PM   #4

When I first got my trailer, I had a leak where the fill tube connected to the fitting on the outside of the trailer. It only leaked when I filled the fresh water tank. I had to open the area that covered this area and tighten a hose clamp. Two things of note. One the hose had a built in wire to keep it from collapsing, that wire makes it very difficult to get a good seal. Second, the hole in the floor that the hose passed through looked like it was made with a hammer, jagged and irregular shaped. It had a huge clearance around it and I worried something could crawl up there and make a home or chew on my water hose. I made some covers to close everything out.

On a trip in June to Sequoia National Park, we stayed at about 6500ft and it got down to low 30s at night. One of the PEX joints near the toilet leaked a little at night two out 5 nights. I could not determine which one and decided to check it at home but I cannot get it to leak again. Another poster suggested the temperature change caused the leak. I believe that may be true. A few weeks ago we spent a few nights 8000ft and the temp got down to low 40s maybe high 30s. No leaks.

Good luck.
Tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 01:02 PM   #5

You probably have a vent in your bedroom. This happened to me once. A rainy day I saw water on my living room floor right below the vent. After the rain stopped I go up on the roof and see a maple leaf steam caught in the vent cover. I removed it and fixed that leak.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 02:49 PM   #6

After you find and repair the leak, If you don’t already have one, you should use an adjustable water pressure regulator set to 40psi.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:59 AM   #7

I found access panel

I found access panel and may have found the problem. There are two threaded connections at the water pump that where loose. I tightened them but have not pressure tested them yet. Maybe a simple fix , best kind.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:50 PM   #8

For those that are new to owning an RV, itís a good idea to check the tightness on all water line connections as well as drains on a regular basis. They tend to loosen up as these rolling houses bounce down the road.
Old 10-18-2021, 01:44 PM   #9

Agree with Yosemite77 100%. Every once in awhile I would find a few things loose after towing. Once I found the kitchen sink trap loose and leaking water. I was an easy fix to tighten it. But again just beware things will loosen up.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:54 AM   #10

Drain

Thanks I would not have thought to check the drains for loose connections.

Tags
floor, water