Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2021, 08:15 PM   #1

water pressure but faucets not working

I have a Dutchman Kodiak Travel trailer. Just last week ran a check on all my systems at home and no problems showed up. Went camping for a long weekend today find that hooked up to city water i have pressure to the camper and to my shower and toilet but nothing to my sink in the kitchen or bathroom. Just a few drops of water is all i get. This one stumps me, never ran into this before. Anyone have any thoughts as to how i can have water pressure to the trailer and my shower and toilet have no issues yet cannot get any anywhere else. Stumped at the campground.....
Stan827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2021, 08:17 PM   #2

Try cleaning the aerator on the end of the faucet. Check shut off valves under the sink, something may have bumped and turned them.
ROUGHRIDER3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:17 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you removed and checked the aerator screens in the faucets?

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:23 PM   #4

i will give them a check but strange that they both would be off but who knows stranger things have happened
Old 09-16-2021, 08:25 PM   #5

have not tryed that but last week when i was testing all the systems at home they all worked just fine. Just strange that they would just stop completely.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:29 PM   #6

+1 on the screens
Wanderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:41 PM   #7

I am now a believer that the screens were actually so clogged no water would pass thru. Amazing a simple fix. Thank you again IRV2 Folks for your common sense Rv Assistance.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:16 PM   #8

Just had this and it wasn't the aerator. It was hard water deposits in the faucet valves.
A good excuse to change the cheapo ORV one. Interestingly the Thetford toilet stopped letting water into the bowl at the same time. Had to pull the whole toilet just to get that little gizmo off and soak it in Lime-Away! Grrrr.

Tags
water, water pressure