Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2022, 08:20 PM   #1

Water Pump Issues

Hello! Hopeing for some help trouble shooting my camper. I had a leak coming from the inlet fill up hose where it connects to the tank. I pull my tank out only to find that the cone that the line connected to was broke. I fixed that and hooked all my lines us and filled up the tank but the water pump won’t pump. When I took the pump off and tested it with a bucket of water it will pump. When I hook it back up to the fresh water tank it only trickles. I thought maybe I had a debit in the line and I hooked my compressor up to it and it blows are through the line and I can hear it bubble back in the tank. Then when I hooked the line back up to the pump I have the same results. I’m just not sure what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated
Rileyb102233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2022, 09:24 PM   #2

Where are you getting the trickle? Is it coming out a faucet or out of a short piece of hose hooked to the pump? If there is a suction line that hangs down from the top of the tank that could be sucking down to the bottom of the tank?
MTranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 07:00 AM   #3

"I hooked my compressor up to it and it blows are through the line"
It doesn't take much airflow to make bubbles in the water in the tank. Some water is getting through, ao I think you're right about a blockage in the line. Maybe some repair material you used previously.
Hobob51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 10:32 AM   #4

Are you using the same battery to test and run in the rv? If you are using different batteries they may not have the same potential. Make sure you are using a good battery to run it with.
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 11:38 AM   #5

At first I was getting a small trickle from the taps but then it stopped and now will only do a small stream directly out of the outlet line from the pump.
Old 07-17-2022, 11:40 AM   #6

Maybe the only thing i used was plastic welds there was a ton of water scale and some algae in the tank that I flushed really well but maybe some got stuck in the line I’m not sure
Old 07-17-2022, 11:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
Are you using the same battery to test and run in the rv? If you are using different batteries they may not have the same potential. Make sure you are using a good battery to run it with.
I am using the same power from the trailer so power has been the same
Old 07-19-2022, 10:15 AM   #8

I had a pretty good kink in the line at the freshwater tank and the pump couldn't pull the water through. You wouldn't think that those lines could kink, but they do. It would pump from a bucket just fine. But at the tank it was kinked.
BitReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:13 PM   #9

Do you have a filter between the pump and the faucets ?
Old 07-22-2022, 08:26 PM   #10

Air leak on suction side of pump........
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump