Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2016, 08:00 AM   #1

Water Tank Level Indicators

I have a new Forest River 22' Salem XL. The water level indicators worked just fine for the first trip out and then the second trip out they stopped working. Research on the internet states that lights staying on are a BIG problem, but my problem is that the only light that works is the MT light even when the tank is filled.
Any ideas other that taking it to the dealer that is a long way away?
Thanks.
asinarrgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #2

Could be poor connections, but I went to these and have never had a problem.

RV Holding Tank Sensors - Get accurate grey and black holding tank monitor readings
Old 09-04-2016, 12:04 PM   #3

Thanks for posting this information. They look good!
parkerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:23 AM   #4

Thanks for the quick answer. I will look in to these, but like I said - none of the lights work even though I had the tank filled with water. I have checked the connectors on the tanks and they are tight as well as the wires all look good. I have NOT torn apart the indicator panel. I guess I could look in there.
asinarrgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #5

If they do not work it sounds broken. The typical failure generally talked about it reading full or partially full when empty. That is caused by crud in the tank building up on the sensors. I'd take your problem back to the dealer.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:59 AM   #6

If they won't turn on I think that it may not be getting power. Being the trailer is still under warranty I think I'd let dealer handle repair. Just have them show you so if it happened again you may fix yourself. ,,,...Dusty
dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:40 PM   #7

The ONLY solution is to use an after market solution like the See Level system by Garnet Industries. The present systems with internal sensors doe not work and are not reliable. The wiring can be used with the new system and this helps with the installation.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:27 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Its a new unit so take it back to the dealer.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
Its a new unit so take it back to the dealer.
You're right but it's not worth the aggravation to try and get the sensors to work. They are not reliable and need to be replaced with a better system. If you want to continue to have problems that would be your choice.
My younger brother is in the process of having the See Level system installed on his 4 month old Forest River Champagne Edition 5th wheel. His sensors worked for the first week. Manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves for always using the cheapest junk they can to assemble their units.
Think of the end users sometimes, not just the bottom line.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:13 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Installing the See level is the easiest thing I have ever had to do in an RV. Did it n my old C Class and on several friends units. I plan to put the system in our present unit when the present sender unit dies.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, cat, tank