Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2023, 07:08 PM   #1

WDH - Again

We were at the dealership putting a down payment on a new Rockwood Travel Trailer. After we signed the agreement, the dealer informed us that because we are using our ‘old’ WDH and not purchasing a new one from them, that we would not be able to adjust it on their property. He stated it was a liability policy. We will have to drive off their property and adjust it properly later. (We have the exact same WHD he wants us to sell to us.) Is this normal? You’d think it’s be a bigger liability to them forcing us to drive off the property without being properly hooked up.
Ebrzezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2023, 07:20 PM   #2

Are they allowing you to hitch your TT to a Tow Vehicle that they did not sell you?
I think we could carry that out a long way. But bottom line, it's their lot and their rules.
I could see them not adjusting your hitch for you, But I fail to see where they would not allow you to hitch up yourself.
The dealer we just bought from made us sign that we had hitched up ourselves. I'm sure that was for liability reasons. Good Luck DR
DR60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 07:53 PM   #3

On my ladder there a warnings the whole way up one leg of the ladder. Not saying you would sue them but someone else would.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 06:17 AM   #4

I would adjust the hitch on their property and then leave. What are they really going to do about it?
Nothing as they covered their arse with the warning.
jleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 08:31 AM   #5

Why don't they just say they are greedy? Based on the experience of others with other dealers there is a good chance it would be set up wrong anyway.
MCCOHENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 08:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
I would adjust the hitch on their property and then leave. What are they really going to do about it?
Nothing as they covered their arse with the warning.
Ditto.

sounds like a cash grab to me anyhow; if they can adjust the hitch if you buy it from them, they can adjust the one you already own.....greedy IMO considering you bought a trailer from them.

Dave
Old 03-14-2023, 12:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
On my ladder there a warnings the whole way up one leg of the ladder. Not saying you would sue them but someone else would.
I have a ladder that on its highest rung, It has a warning" Do not exceed 250 LBS". I laugh every time I climb that ladder! Was that sticker supposed to be on one of the lower rungs? or are you only not to exceed that weight when you are at the highest rung? DR
DR60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 02:13 PM   #8

Jayco Owners Club
We purchased our latest 30ft trailer from Bish's RV and they didn't say a thing to me about not using or adjusting our WDH before pulling out.

Heck, even the mechanic that did the walk through with me come out and helped get it all adjusted.
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 01:25 PM   #9

I had a dealer tell me the same , so I then said cancel all my new accessories from your store about a 1500.00 worth and left
Timtoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 03:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger608 View Post
We purchased our latest 30ft trailer from Bish's RV and they didn't say a thing to me about not using or adjusting our WDH before pulling out.

Heck, even the mechanic that did the walk through with me come out and helped get it all adjusted.
On my last purchase, the salesman helped me adjust my old WDH

That is pretty crappy

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Custom 6.6 Gas
Doss is offline   Reply With Quote