Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2020, 06:54 AM   #1

WEN 56380i Super Quiet 3800-Watt

Son just purchased a new to him Rockwood Roo 233S - So they may need a generator in the summer for the A/C - will the WEN be a good choice?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/WEN-Supe...380i/308501205

I've used the Ryobi 2200 inverter style and loved them - as I was doing the research ran across this with the Low Price and thought it may be the ticket.

So has anyone used one? Is it quiet enough to use in a State Park with other campers - Boondocking ......

The reviews seem to be pretty good but I'm always looking for Real Life and someone that owns one now and has used it awhile. Give it a review - would you get another - Price Point is Good Honda while the best is not at a good price point - I really like the auto fuel set up that shuts off fuel to keep the Carb clean.

So what do you guys think?

TIA,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2020, 05:41 PM   #2

I have the 2k watt version of the WEN and love it. The one you listed is indeed an inverter type and will be quiet except for when running the AC. Doing normal chores like microwave, or charging your batteries it will just hum along. With electric start, it will be heavy because there is a battery and starter motor inside but electric start is tough to beat. I have a champion 3100 inverter generator with remote start and nothing beats waking up in the morning and pressing the key fob to start the genny without going outside if I need to run the microwave or the wife needs to use the hair dryer. Check out the champions, they are similarly priced when on sale and have a good reputation. WEN is a good brand as well, and they make the harbor freight branded inverter generators but WEN has a better warranty.
Coolzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:59 PM   #3

Wen 56202i

We ran the 2kw Wen last summer in our trailer that is about the same size as the roo. If running the a/c isn't an issue, the 2kw model is suitable for this size trailer. For charging the batteries it can run on eco mode (for loads under 1k per the manual) and it is very quiet. It gets louder when the microwave is on, but not by much. The 2kw is $300 cheaper and 50# lighter than the 3800, but if the a/c is the deal breaker then the 3800 model Wen is a good buy.
Howard Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:26 AM   #4

While I have 2 Yamaha 2000's you have to admit the price looks pretty good plus a 2 year warranty.

Funny how these brands like WEN and Westinghouse pop up again!
I remember when WEN tools were low cost not so high quality.

Never seen Westinghouse tools but they have RV generators now or at least someone is using the name.They were or are more into industrial, marine propulsion,xray stuff I believe.
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quiet