Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2018, 10:30 AM   #85

Holland Companion

We have a Holland Companion grill. Runs on small propane canisters. Have had it for 15 - 20 years and it works great!! Portable and stores easily in basement under coach. Can cook steaks, chicken, casseroles, biscuits, just about anything and everything.

2015 Thor Palazzo DP
gjbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2018, 05:46 AM   #86

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour2Lane View Post
Gave up taking the grill along after buying a 17" Blackstone Griddle. Well made, cooks more types of food than a grill, stores easily in its well made bag, a good value at less than $100 with bag. Search: Blackstone thread on here. Mike
Morning - I have a 28" Blackstone at home and have been seriously thinking about the 17 or 22". How about Chicken Quarters - How do you cook them? My 28" is still new and have not tried Chicken.
Hardroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:43 PM   #87

Winnebago Owners Club
Sorry, I haven't cooked chicken quarters on the griddle yet. I would brown them off and then lower the heat and cover (I use an old stainless bowl with a wood knob drilled/screwed on) until done.
Some 'Blackstoners' get very creative with their homemade accessories. Saw one where a guy made a smoker using 2 bowl type covers connected by a copper tube- wood chips under one lid and the meat under the other. Not sure how well it worked but it looked pretty steampunk.
Regards, Mike
Old 12-28-2018, 08:10 AM   #88

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Used to have a Coleman RoadTrip propane but was very dissatisfied with it,didn't cook evenly and rusted quickly.Now we use a 17" Blackstone grill with the hose conversion and love it.We do most all cooking on it.If we want charcoal grilling we have a Lodge Sportsman cast iron grill.Love it too,very good quality on both,I have talked to people who have the same Lodge for 20 -30 years!!
gvette85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 11:02 AM   #89

Thor Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
17" Blackstone for the two of us. Not aware of any other brand exists.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:58 PM   #90

I was at Lowe's a while back and they had a Blue Rhino brand that looked very similar to the 17" Blackstone.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:00 PM   #91

I use a propane gas grill that came with my camper a colmen propane 2 burner gas grill and I bought a Koblenz 4 burner

propane and I love it

Wolf222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #92
PRT

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We use a two burner Camp Chef. Have the barbecue and griddle options. We used to go through a barbecue a year till we started using the Camp Chef. The bonus is you can do some canning on the Camp Chef. Our little Weber Q isn't to bad if you would rather have a barbecue, which we just leave at home now.
PRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:05 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt031 View Post
I'm using a Coleman Road Trip Propane Portable Grill LXE. I wouldn't recommend it. Find it to hot even on low settings.
I'm having the opposite problem: Low flame, even on high settings. I'm using a small, colorful, portable Weber.

I checked the connections and also tried turning the propane on VERY SLOWLY but it's just weak. I wish I knew how to fix it!
happy cynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:18 PM   #94

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We use a Broil King Porta Chef. Has worked good for us. We carry it in a tub in the back of the truck. Tub keeps the grease from getting on things in the pass thru. When time comes to replace it we’ll likely look hard at a Weber Q.
Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #95

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy cynic View Post
I'm having the opposite problem: Low flame, even on high settings. I'm using a small, colorful, portable Weber.

I checked the connections and also tried turning the propane on VERY SLOWLY but it's just weak. I wish I knew how to fix it!

DW just reminded me that we had a similar issue and I took it to a propane company thinking it was the BBQ. They told me to go get the tank I used for it so they could duplicate the issue because it worked perfect for them of course. Turned out it was the overfill float in the tank restricted the flow. They replaced the valve assembly on the tank and no more issues. The tank was recently revalved and they either did a poor install or the new assembly was at fault. If you haven’t tried another tank it might be worth a try.
Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:58 PM   #96

Carolina Campers
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour2Lane View Post
Gave up taking the grill along after buying a 17" Blackstone Griddle. Well made, cooks more types of food than a grill, stores easily in its well made bag, a good value at less than $100 with bag. Search: Blackstone thread on here. Mike
The Blackstone grills are all very nice. We are looking to get one soon. My father-in-law has the 28" with the stand and he cooks practically every meal on it. We even used it over Thanksgiving to keep all the sides warm while we ate.
HandyDaddy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:34 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Thirty View Post
DW just reminded me that we had a similar issue and I took it to a propane company thinking it was the BBQ. They told me to go get the tank I used for it so they could duplicate the issue because it worked perfect for them of course. Turned out it was the overfill float in the tank restricted the flow. They replaced the valve assembly on the tank and no more issues. The tank was recently revalved and they either did a poor install or the new assembly was at fault. If you haven’t tried another tank it might be worth a try.
Well, it isn't hooked up to a tank; it's hooked up to my camper directly with a quick connect hose. I should try connecting it to a tank though to see if that solves the problem. Then I'll know it's my hose.
happy cynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:48 AM   #98

The ultimate combo imo would be a 22 inch blackstone and mini max green egg! But it's easy for me to spend other peoples money. The blackstone is just so versatile. Also the weber Q is very popular but I have not cooked on one of those personally.
rte1985 is offline   Reply With Quote