Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Outdoor furniture...your camping and the outdoors is part of the best part of the deal...make sure it is comfortable.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #16

full propane tanks i drove all the way to mt rushmore only to realize i was out of gas. KOA loves that kind of mistake
gman82001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
1 wife
2 dog
3 beer
4 more beer.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper2 View Post
1 wife
2 dog
3 beer
4 more beer.
is there really anything else that could be needed? this list seems pretty comprehensive!!!

i bought a cheap little stocked tool bag that came with a bunch of bits for the screwdriver, including the square bits. basic wrenches, pliers etc... also came with a basic kit of screws and wall anchors which comes in handy when the tp holder falls off the wall

2015 Open Range 288flr
hawk232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
If at all possible, set up in the back yard for the first few nights and work with the stuff on board the TT; or a RV park very close to home; this will give you a true feel for what you need and may have forgotten.
It will take perhaps a year of camping for you to develop your own list of must haves.
Have a written list ! You WILL forget , one trip to the next.
There you go! That's what I was going to say. Test the unit out in your yard a few times so you can get the feel of what you really need. Then take the most important things. Cheaper things you can buy as you need them as you go.
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #20

Food, beer and a change of clothes. Nothing else, well except for your family.

Then be sure to park next to someone who looks like they brought everything from Camping World and Home Depot.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Trailer has been upgraded with a really-good EuroTop mattress, so all we need to be sure to bring with us for sleeping is our favorite pillows. (Good pillows cost too much to have a separate set just for the RV.)

Plus old folks require the AC or furnace to be plugged in and working, so bring adapters for 15-volt and 50-volt electric plugs in case your campsite doesn't have the normal 30-amp RV plug. (At one campground, all the 30-amp spots were occupied, so they allowed us to park in a motorhome spot that had only 50-amp service. Good thing we had our 50-amp adapter with us. Another time we camped on the kids' driveway and plugged into 20-amp shore power. Good thing we had our 15/20-amp adapter with us.)

And if you might be boondocking without hookups, bring a generator big enough to run the AC - at least 3,000 watts. Or better yet, two Honda EU2000i generators designed to be tied together to produce 3,200 watts continuous juice and 4,000 watts AC-starter juice. One of those little generators will probably start and run everything except the AC.

Tools have already been mentioned, but you especially need the square-tipped or Torx screwdrivers that will fit the screws in the camper.

If anyone is on medication, be sure to bring enough to last until you can get to a pharmacy for a refill. And if anyone has hearing aides, bring enough batteries to last until you can get to a place to buy more.

We also haul a few gallons of drinking water in gallon jugs stored in the bathtub. We have enough fresh water in the holding tank to flush the pottie until we can get to water hookups, but that tap water in the holding tank may not be the best for drinking or cooking.

Microwave bacon cooker. Much better than fried bacon.
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
1.A good first aid kit is essential; especially with kids.
2.Basic tool box/ tools. DUCT TAPE
3.I always keep a leaf rake and a shovel in the event I need to clear around my fire pit.
4.Insect repellant, sunscreen.
5.I like camp fires so I always have fire starters; either the paraffin blocks or the new ones that come in a little plastic bag. Makes it sooo much easier to get it going.
6.A small role of eternabond tape in the event you find a leak on your roof.
7.Flash lights.
After your first couple trips you'll begin to see what YOU really need.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #23

#2 square drive screwdriver (or whatever type screw head your trailer has)
My first trip I had to pull the stereo out and fix the wiring, and tighten quite a few hinges and latches. All #2 square drive. It can be hard to find one in the boonies

Food, water, paper towels, toiletries charged batteries and full propane tanks, reading material, camping goods

I keep my trailer well stocked.
Every year I go through it, and if I haven't used something all year, out it goes.
bartlettj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #24

Beer has been mentioned quite abit, but what about a terrific bottle of wine?????
Old 04-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
First aid kit
bug spray
sunburn lotion
any medications needed
hats for the sun
wet wipes

there are a couple good threads about tools and spares to search for
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #26

I've had nightmares of getting to camp, only to find out I didn't pack the food and drink.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
Food, beer and a change of clothes. Nothing else, well except for your family.

Then be sure to park next to someone who looks like they brought everything from Camping World and Home Depot.

Don

Cracked me Up! ...
ShirleyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post

Don
My `04 came that way. Some stuff un-opened.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote