Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2021, 04:28 PM   #15

When swmbo is comfortable in bed. She likes her head slightly elevated. Coupled with the preferred roof drain being the low point and we are good.
Do26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2021, 04:35 PM   #16

If your fridge is absorption, you need to be level(ish) for that. Otherwise, it's just human comfort and perception.
That being said, I make sure the bed is level so my wife can fall asleep without asking me if I think we are level when I am trying to go to sleep...

My favorite part of the leveling process - when I think it's close enough, she lays a beer bottle on the kitchen counter. If it doesn't roll, we are level.
It just so happens that our kitchen counter and bed both get level at the same time.
Old 11-14-2021, 04:36 PM   #17

So happens that when my fridge is level so is my counter top, so I keep a round bubble level on the counter top and when the bubble is more or less in the middle all is good, even the bathroom door. If you have a trailer just level it up real good at home then glue one on the outside so the bubbles are centered.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 04:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunrite View Post
level the rifg thats all that maters
That, and sleeping comfort. You don't want your head lower than your feet. Ain't good for sleeping. And good sleep matters to me.
Old 11-14-2021, 07:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCOHENS View Post
Thinking the frame of the trailer would be a good indicator of level I epoxied a small level to it. After a few uses it became evident that the bed, fridge, kitchen table, floor were not level with the front of the trailer frame. The difference was at least an inch of ball coupler height. No the frame is not bent, as far as I can tell. So time to chisel off the level, and start over. Anyone else have this happen?
TIA
Yes, I have that same situation. the A-frame hitch is not parallel to the trailer's floor. I've not measured how far out it is, but it is definitely out and I don't use it to level the trailer. For front to back leveling we put the torpedo level inside on the floor.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 07:40 PM   #20

I second the LevelMatePRO. My #1 most favorite accessory, especially since I’m often camping solo. I can pull into a site and know instantly where the most level spot is without even leaving my vehicle, and if not level it tells me exactly how many leveling blocks I need in order to make it so, as well as how many inches I need to raise or lower the tongue. I’m literally set up within minutes of arriving.
Souljourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:28 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
on our old class C we would use a torpedo level and get the bubble within the lines both front-rear and side-side. Seemed level enough for us.
Can't wait for next year when we start camping in our new class A and use the auto levelers
The Ward Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:41 PM   #22

Level Mate? I've been married to my Level Mate for 43 years! It ain't level till she says it is. And then it is.

One other important hint -- I have put my Level Mate in charge of the leveling machinery. She cranks the nose jack, she places the proper number of Lynx blocks, and she cranks the stabilizer jacks.

I supervise. My supervisory technique is simple -- I get busy doing something else. She does the leveling. She calls me over to see what I think. I always say, "Great, honey! Well done!"

That's our method. Your mileage may vary.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:26 AM   #23

I use torpedo level on the pass thru floor. Once the bubble is barely within the marks I stop as I want the tongue just barely "up" for sleeping.
This trailer the tongue frame is level with the trailer frame. On my first one it was not, hence the reason I use the pass thru floor as it is level with the frame on both trailers.
jleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 12:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do26 View Post
When swmbo is comfortable in bed. She likes her head slightly elevated. Coupled with the preferred roof drain being the low point and we are good.
That seems to be more important/critical than the fridge. So I am using the wood under the bed as my reference, then 3 more turns of the jack to be safe. Fridge door is my second reference, it seems to be level when the bed is level.
I am just surprised that the frame is not level when everything else is.
MCCOHENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:29 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
This is level!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27-Image-courtesy-of-lubberlineReddit_img_610fbca040f6d.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	348952  
Old 11-15-2021, 03:54 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bylandorsea View Post
This is level!

Good one! I love people that can improvise.

For me level is when the fridge door will stop at any place I put it. Won't swing closed, or open. I try to keep at least 8 cans of my favorite beverage in the door trays just be sure.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:05 PM   #27

I like the stove top level. Annoying when the eggs in a pan run to one side.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 04:28 AM   #28

I'm with ProfDan. That made me chuckle and agree at the same time.