Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2012, 10:06 PM   #1

Who has an Evergreen Element trailer

Do you like it?

What kind of MPG do you get towing it?
lincoln30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Everyone will get different mileage towing that trailer. It depends a lot on your tow vehicle and the area that you travel as well as your driving style.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Everyone will get different mileage towing that trailer. It depends a lot on your tow vehicle and the area that you travel as well as your driving style.

Ken
Still will like to know. In the middle of doing my research.
lincoln30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Most people that I have talked to get between 8 and 10mpg using all sort of tv's pulls tt and 5th wheels.
We pull a bullet with a chevy 2500hd 4.10 and get 10mpg.
Before this we pulled a hilo with f150 a third of the weight and only got 8mpg. If you can tell. What is you tv and the weight of the evergreen?
Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #5

Evergreen Owners Club
You may want to ask on the evergreen owners group site at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...ionalvehicles/ I tow an Everlite 31RLS with a suburban 1500 with a strait line WD hitch with no problems and get about 10 mpg where I normally get not much more than 12 mpg unloaded.
Dshervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #6

New to the forum, I don't find many threads around relating specifically to the Element so I pounced!

Lincoln, I have owned an element for just over a year now and I must say that it is a nice unit, very comfortable and it tows exceptionally well. We just came back from a run to Valcouver then down the Oregon coast as far as Florence, overall saw about 16.5 mpg. Certainly some of that is due to the relatively light weight and very aerodynamic shape of this unit. Alot of it is also the TDI diesel being to wonderfully efficient.

This is the first new RV I have owned, so it is somewhat frustrating getting the bugs worked out of it. But when I get really frustrated by it to the point I want to either sell it or burn it and I start to lok at any of the other options out there for a lighter weight, stylish unit, nothing seems to compare. So I have pretty much accepted that I will be tinkering with it because it seems to be a very solid unit for the most part.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #7

Evergreen Element 'Bugs'?

We are considering purchase of an Evergreen Element, having seen one at a nearby RV show a few months ago. When I called the area dealer that showed the Element, he literally trashed them for bad quality, said they quit selling them after selling only 1 and having never-ending headaches with them and the customer that bought the one. It is hard to know what actually may have happened, so I am trying to find people who actually own one for their experiences with the Element. You mention some problems but still say given the alternatives you are satisfied. Could you please provide some details? Thank you in advance.
Texas2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #8

My 2 centavos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas2012 View Post
We are considering purchase of an Evergreen Element, having seen one at a nearby RV show a few months ago. When I called the area dealer that showed the Element, he literally trashed them for bad quality, said they quit selling them after selling only 1 and having never-ending headaches with them and the customer that bought the one. It is hard to know what actually may have happened, so I am trying to find people who actually own one for their experiences with the Element. You mention some problems but still say given the alternatives you are satisfied. Could you please provide some details? Thank you in advance.
I own an Element 26SRL, purchased it from Dick Gore's in St. Augustine. Bad quality? In what respect? It seems the Element line has been cancelled, but I think it has more to do with demographics than quality. I wonder how the Element would have fared in Europe. Anyway, I'm a happy camper. If you're still in the market and can get a great deal on one, go for it.

BTW, I also have a Touareg TDI. Great tow vehicle. In flat ol' Florida we average 16mpg at 63mph and almost 18mpg at 45mph.
alerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #9

The only expensive trailer that seems to survive is Airstream. There is a enough people willing to pay thru the nose for them.

But everything else seems to get discontinued. People just won't pay big money for a fiberglass box.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #10

Element "bugs". I just purchased an Element. I spoke to a factory rep and got an explanation as to why they stopped production. Seems the unit is in a price category that is no realistic for most purchasers. They plan to resume production at some point. It seems all new RV's have bugs that need to be fixed and the Element is no exception. I love the unit and will post when or if I have issues of significance.
Elementary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #11

Just a thought if you're considering an Element. Dealer inventory is all there is and many dealers have deep discounts on the units. I have seen comparisons to Airstream. The Element, can be purchased thousands of dollars below the Airstream and in my opinion it is just as nice, if not nicer. Resale value is another question however and being a newer unit remains an unknown.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #12

Thanks for the information on the Element. I was looking closely at one as well.
I had a feeling they were not producing them in 2014. Yes, the nice ones do not seem to stay in production very long. That's to bad.
jerry olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #13

I looked at the Element. I thought it was a very nice and stylish unit. The unit seemed solid and finished nice.

Seems the two trailers (Evergreen Element, Keystone Vantage) built to semi-compete with Airstream are now kaput.

The Element is a cool looking trailer. If it passes a PDI (Pre-delivery Inspection) I would not hesitate to buy one. Make sure everything works at the RV Dealer. I mean everything. Even the black tank flush, all faucets, shower, shower does not leak, fridge, microwave, TV, Radio etc etc.

I bought a Vantage and am glad I did. I like the trailer a lot. It is not as cool as the Element though.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #14

Element bugs

Ok, I've had the unit for a few weeks and here is what I've found.

It's good it doesn't have any wood in it because it has several leaks. Roof was patched by the dealer and solved. Rear window was improperly placed in the hinge causing it to leak, I repaired that. Front left window leaking and thus far I can't figure how how water is getting in. When showering in the "marine bath" water leaks through the bathroom door into the main cabin and pools on the floor. I have ordered an additional shower curtain and rail which when installed should alleviate this problem. Slide out had a leak that I hope was repaired corrected by the dealer. He said Evergreen uses some type of double sided tape somewhere and that was the problem. I haven't used it since the initial purchase so don't know if the fix works. Doesn't leak when it's in. I asked the company about installing a slide out topper/awning and they said the wall construction wouldn't support one. Really? That's about it. Nothing too serious but none the less a pain in the butt. The unit tows great with little sway. I wanted to install a friction sway control but Evergreen advised against drilling holes in the frame. I'm still a happy Element owner and have received several compliments on the unit.

Tags
evergreen