Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2021, 01:06 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Adding spare propane outlet for bbq

In one of the rear bays on the passenger side, I see a propane manifold. There is an unused port that is currently plugged. I would like to add an outlet there to allow connecting a hose to run some propane appliances - bbq, camp stove, etc.

The previous owner added an outlet (using a proprietary fitting) near the propane tank itself, but it is simply too far from where we would like to set up the bbq and inconvenient. If I understand correctly, this extra outlet is also unregulated.

Can I add an additional outlet at that manifold in the rear bay? I believe this manifold is downstream from the regulator, so I would not need a further regulator between the manifold and the propane appliance. Is that correct? Would there be any harm in having a second regulator? Or would gas flow be diminished to much?

Thanks in advance for any advice to keep my from blowing up my RV. Any photos of similar mods done by others would be appreciated.

B
DrBob7762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2021, 07:34 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is in the low pressure regulated propane line? Any appliances you use there cannot have a regulator on them. The regulator will have to be removed and a different style valve added to the appliance.

Ken
Old 09-17-2021, 07:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBob7762 View Post
In one of the rear bays on the passenger side, I see a propane manifold. There is an unused port that is currently plugged. I would like to add an outlet there to allow connecting a hose to run some propane appliances - bbq, camp stove, etc.

The previous owner added an outlet (using a proprietary fitting) near the propane tank itself, but it is simply too far from where we would like to set up the bbq and inconvenient. If I understand correctly, this extra outlet is also unregulated.

Adapter is installed on Tank side...high pressure unregulated. Any appliance connected would need it's own LP reg and any hose used for connections would need to be High Pressure LP Hose/Fittings

Can I add an additional outlet at that manifold in the rear bay? I believe this manifold is downstream from the regulator, so I would not need a further regulator between the manifold and the propane appliance. Is that correct? Would there be any harm in having a second regulator? Or would gas flow be diminished to much?

Yes you can connect to that LP Manifold unused port
It will be Regulated so any appliance connected must not have a LP Reg on it and hose used can be LOW Pressure LP Hose
LP System pressure is 11"WC (0.4 psi)....2 regulators will not work in tandem

Thanks in advance for any advice to keep my from blowing up my RV. Any photos of similar mods done by others would be appreciated.

B
You can use LP Quick Connections at manifold port and LP Hose
1/4" minimum ----3/8" Maximum
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 05:00 PM   #4

I use an Extend-a-Stay, mounted before the lp regulator and a long hose. Pictures are available on Amazon.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:46 AM   #5

IF, your BBQ runs at the same pressure as the RV appliances you won't need an additional regulator.

This is the type of fitting I used when adding a port inside for an Olympian Wave heater. I liked the added back-up of the built in shut off valve since the port was inside my rig. I bought mine at a local RV supply center.

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Propa...2066010&sr=8-4
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane