Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2016, 01:32 PM   #1

Aero Wash/Wax system Waterless wash

Anyone used this system on their RV? Is it safe on the clear coat paint? I would be interested in any feedback on this system pro or con. I'm trying to find a simpler way to wash my rig. I'm getting old & need something a little easier. I could have someone do it, but they want $400. - $500. dollars.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2016, 02:29 PM   #2

Not sure what you're talking about. Do you have a product link?
Old 02-04-2016, 02:32 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Wish I could answer your question, but I hadn't heard about this product until your post. I'm now interested in the answer to the question you've posed as well…. Hope it's as good as it sounds!

I've been relatively pleased with Blue Beacon Truck Washes…about $35 a pop…but they don't dry or wax. I'd really be excited to try this system after running it through the truck wash.
ABrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:33 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Here's a link to the system on Amazon…

Robot Check
ABrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:41 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I bought a sample kit from them but haven't tried it yet. I've been using DWG for many many years. DWG=Dry Wash N Guard.

On edit: I used to be a distributor/dealer for DWG but quit years ago. Just a great product that I still use myself.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:26 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to Wild Bill Ed Send a message via Yahoo to Wild Bill Ed
Before I add my two bits...I was in the Restoration Auto Body business for nearly forty years in the Denver area and restored numerous old Porsches and showed them competively all across the nation, hence the short background for answering the question.

Dry Wash n Guard, and as we called it, Dry wash was the first of the polymer type dri washes out there. It showed up in the 80s, I believe, at least that is what I remember. I am older now not as old as some, but memory is not quite what it once was. Now there are several, and since I have been away from the techy side probably more than I know. Mothers makes one as well, it too is very good. I have used both mentioned.

You may almost take the statement literally. But common sense must take president. This is not designed to remove mud! Of course you knew that, well some one will eventually try and use a case in their effort and then bad mouth what is very good for its intended purpose. Let us say you left home with a clean coach, drive a couple days and decide the coach needs a touch up. This is where it is at, and these products excel at cleaning the light dust accumulated on the exterior of your coach completely. Spritz it on and wipe it off. The dusty stuff is encapsulated in it, no scratches and lots of shine and a bunch of dirty rags for your honey to wash. In a half hour to an hour your coach looks like you just left home. A bottle of Mothers is good for several passes once you get the hang of it. This material will not encapsulate a goober stuck on the coach. If you try, it will leave a tell tale for you to remember for a long time and the heckling to follow will encourage you be more careful next time.
ATV, & an Old Town Kevlar Canoe, Solar Promoter, Generator delete, Dry Camper
Wild Bill Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:43 PM   #7

I have used Areo/ Wash WAX All and am very pleased with the results. Like the previous poster said, it is not for cleaning a totally dirty surface. It took me about 45 minutes to do a sedan and after 3 months it still shines and the rain water beads up and light soil comes right. After the good experience with the sedan I did a a 27 foot class C in about 3 hrs. Did not do the roof as I am too old to be working off a ladder. Just follow the directions to use clean rags/sponge and you will have durable shiny vehicle. Get the $35.00 kit on Amazon
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I used it for several years on my airplanes and now use it on the RV. Great stuff, all of their products and their extendable mop handle is terrific.

Terry
BoA36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I have used this product for years now.........works just as the reviews stated, wonderful! https://www.ecogreenautoclean.com/
Old 02-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I have used this product for years now.........works just as the reviews stated, wonderful! https://www.ecogreenautoclean.com/
X 2, Do small areas at a time....
Old 02-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I have been using it on my airplanes for 25 years and on my RV's for 13 years. It is Easy to use and works extremely well. I buy it in bulk and use it all the time. You will be very pleased with it.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:56 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I purchased the starter kit at the iRV2 rally last Sept. As others have stated, it's not for a very dirty RV. And even though the presenter did use it to remove the road grit from ledge at the rear of my coach (builds up during travel), I don't feel comfortable doing that. I'd water wash off the grit first. That said, the couple times I used it (before time to put it in storage for the winter), the Aero worked as stated in the seminar. Took me about an hour to wipe down a 37ft coach. I'm happy w/it & if it keeps stuff from sticking & makes it easier to keep clean, all the better.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:54 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
I have used it for 5 yrs and would not use anything but Areo/ Wash WAX. As stated above it is not for major dirt. I power wash and apply Aero/Wash WAX at least twice a year. I have received complements on the "new" RV appearance. The coach is 12 yrs old. You will save time and effort to bring a smooth and shining finish to your coach.

Be sure to purchase the waterless wash wax mop. It works great!

Aircraft RV Cleaner and Waterless Wash Wax Detailing Products Supplies

Safe travels and THE JOY IS IN THE RIDE
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:45 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Great for those touch up clean ups. I use a couple of gallons of the stuff a year. Cars motorcycles rvs, the extend a pole is great , no climbing ladders.

Tags
water