Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2021, 11:53 AM   #1

Anyone tried EEZ RV Flag Pole Mount

Anyone tried this Flag Pole Mount. I was going to buy the plastic one and saw this one. Seems to me it would last longer, but it also seems a little bulky in the photos.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CQ06ZN2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A28WQR855NU1UB&psc=1
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2021, 08:59 PM   #2

Looks pretty sturdy. I use a Flag Pole Buddy for flags and for my cell signal booster.

https://www.flagpolebuddy.com/
Old 05-09-2021, 05:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaul View Post
Looks pretty sturdy. I use a Flag Pole Buddy for flags and for my cell signal booster.

https://www.flagpolebuddy.com/
I'm still debating between the two. No trip for a couple months, so no hurry.
Old 05-09-2021, 06:18 AM   #4

I 'HAD' a Flag Buddy ladder mounted flag pole I bought new in 2015. I say 'HAD' because last summer at a campground I was flying my flags and a breeze came up, the flag pole broke just below the roof line and the pole came crashing down behind my MH. I was fortunate the pole barely missed the awning on the camper behind me which had been replaced two weeks prior and a couple lawn chairs. An hour before my pole broke the folks behind me had a gathering with people sitting in those chairs and a few kids running about. They had left only minutes before the pole broke.
I have removed the ladder mount and will never use it again. The top two sections of the pole were salvageable so I have modified them so I can slide the pole over a pin driven into the ground and support the pole with an awning arm and fly my flag once again. I take the flag off the pole at dusk.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
I 'HAD' a Flag Buddy ladder mounted flag pole I bought new in 2015. I say 'HAD' because last summer at a campground I was flying my flags and a breeze came up, the flag pole broke just below the roof line and the pole came crashing down behind my MH. I was fortunate the pole barely missed the awning on the camper behind me which had been replaced two weeks prior and a couple lawn chairs. An hour before my pole broke the folks behind me had a gathering with people sitting in those chairs and a few kids running about. They had left only minutes before the pole broke.
I have removed the ladder mount and will never use it again. The top two sections of the pole were salvageable so I have modified them so I can slide the pole over a pin driven into the ground and support the pole with an awning arm and fly my flag once again. I take the flag off the pole at dusk.
I remember you posting about that. That's one of the reasons I'm considering the aluminum version.

Thanks for the reminder.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:56 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LETMGROW and 69Stang.....
Iím not quite sure how the makeup of the pole mount device has any relation to the breakage of the pole. The Fiberglas pole is what snapped, I gather.

LETMGROW.... FYI, Flag Pole Buddy honors a lifetime warranty on pole breakage, by the section. Call them, tell which sections failed, and they will replace those specific sections.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 09:59 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Anyone tried EEZ RV Flag Pole Mount

Quote:
Looks pretty sturdy. I use a Flag Pole Buddy for flags and for my cell signal booster......
tpaul.... do you use a separate Buddy mount for the cell booster, or mount the flag and booster simultaneously on the same pole?
2004 Element
Old 05-10-2021, 05:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
I remember you posting about that. That's one of the reasons I'm considering the aluminum version.

Thanks for the reminder.
Some places don't allow aluminum poles. I'm not sure about all NASCAR tracks but I do know Watkins Glen does not. This was why I bought the fiberglass pole.

Too late to do a warranty claim. The broken parts went into a dumpster at the campground before we left that day.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
LETMGROW and 69Stang.....
Iím not quite sure how the makeup of the pole mount device has any relation to the breakage of the pole. The Fiberglas pole is what snapped, I gather.

LETMGROW.... FYI, Flag Pole Buddy honors a lifetime warranty on pole breakage, by the section. Call them, tell which sections failed, and they will replace those specific sections.
You're correct, it was the pole. I was evaluating the whole system. I'm not sure if my existing pole will fit their mount. It's pretty big at the bottom.

Didn't know about the warranty. That's good to know.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Some places don't allow aluminum poles. I'm not sure about all NASCAR tracks but I do know Watkins Glen does not. This was why I bought the fiberglass pole.

Too late to do a warranty claim. The broken parts went into a dumpster at the campground before we left that day.
I have a fiberglass pole, but was thinking about buying the entire Flag Buddy system with pole just so I know it would all work together.

If I buy the aluminum support I'll use my old pole. It seems to be adjustable to any size pole.

I like that the Flag Buddy is Made in America. The EEZ is made in China, which is a bummer.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:07 AM   #10

In defense of the 'Flag Buddy', the day it broke there was only a slight breeze but I had left the pole up before in some rather brisk winds instead of taking it down This isn't easy to take down in a strong breeze. Possibly leaving the pole up weakened the pole and it just finally broke. I never saw any evidence of stress or cracking or I would have discontinued using the pole. The fiberglass has a coating over it which may have hidden tell tale weak spots.
Last year was season six for the flag pole even though it only got used four or five weekends each year.
I also had the flashing light on the top of the pole which was some added weight and I always had two flags on the pole each time I used it.
From here on in I will only have one flag displayed on my modified pole and it will come down in windy weather or before turning in for the night.
I just can't chance hurting someone or damaging someone else's property.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:33 PM   #11

JFXG I use separate poles as I think the weight of flag and the antenna at the top might be a little much. And I use the suction cup type mount for my antenna so I can be flexible about which side of the RV I put it on.
Old 05-10-2021, 04:02 PM   #12

The aluminum pole mount looks like someone built it who use to work in the space industry. No aluminum pole for me, don't need a lighting rod.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:00 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
JFXG I use separate poles as I think the weight of flag and the antenna at the top might be a little much. And I use the suction cup type mount for my antenna so I can be flexible about which side of the RV I put it on.
Thanks for the info.
2004 Element