Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2015, 11:56 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
So that's what I've been doing all this time and did not know there was a name for it!

Well, I don't have a dog, so.....

RVM1
AKA: Captain Forehead
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2015, 03:36 PM   #58

Entegra Owners Club
I have a friend who has a macerator system and he just took it off for a Rhinoflex. The macerator was just to damned slow. Why spend ten minutes dumping when you can do it in one?

I have a Rhinoflex that is about 3 years old and still like new. Previously I was lucky to get a hose to last a year. The Rhinoflex is easy to use and with the caps that go on each end, easy and clean to store. I am a happy Rhino man.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:48 AM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
I couldn't make my RhinoFlex hoses last. I agree that they are strong in the sense that you can squish them any which way and they bounce right back to shape. My issue was that if they lay directly on gravel, I would get pin holes very easily. And due to my rv being low to the ground, I often could not avoid it where the hose dropped straight down out of my water bay and then had to take a sharp turn. That turn is often on the ground in my rig, and that's where my pin holes develop.

Rhino hoses are hugely popular, so I think my situation is rather uncommon.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:54 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL Z View Post
I've been using Sewer Solutions for 10 years er so now!.... And I won't be using anything else!
Same with me, if you haven't tried the Sewer Solution you should. You don't have to worry about the slope of your hose, it will pump uphill. Break out of the past and jump into the future!
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:55 PM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
Same with me, if you haven't tried the Sewer Solution you should. You don't have to worry about the slope of your hose, it will pump uphill. Break out of the past and jump into the future!
Bring it by about 4 pm tomorrow.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:02 PM   #62

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought my MH used and a few months after I had it I had to unclog hair from the macerator. It was an easy fix. For people that do not realize it Flojet macerator pumps seem to have a very big name in the boat industry. Basically you have to pump your holding tank out to the dock and there is no other way to do it than with a macerator pump. I like the fact that i do not have to worry about getting my sewer hose where it is a downhill flow to the dump tank. Mine has a valve on the end of the hose. When i am done I can just turn it off and seal the end of the hose. I went to Harbor freight and bought a 25 foot 1 1/2 inch flat discharge hose. When i am in a campground where the hose wont reach i just connect the flat discharge hose onto the end of it. The nice thing about the flojet is you can get entire rebuild kits for the motor for about 80.00 if it ever gives you problems.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:27 PM   #63

It's not the rebuilding. Had 2 on our boat. But when the toilet is full, and pump quits-- awfulness!!
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:23 PM   #64

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Bring it by about 4 pm tomorrow.

Also strongly recommend sewer solution. Simple physical principal, works great. Buy the extra hose section to give you a 20 ft long option. Dump is clean/flushed when you disconnect. We have 4 years, maybe 650 nites out on ours, have replaced a plastic fitting with brass, no other problems.
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:59 PM   #65

I have a Sani-Con that came with my MH that has no useful purpose in life. It works great like the SS, I have heard from others.
Just doesn't fit my style. Folks would stare me to death at the dump station!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:51 AM   #66

Winnebago Owners Club
Have used Rhinoflex for 5 years full timing no problems
Old 08-03-2015, 05:05 PM   #67

For those that use the sewer solution I have a question, can you leave the gray water open with the ss in place.
ccrider, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:20 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrider, View Post
For those that use the sewer solution I have a question, can you leave the gray water open with the ss in place.
Sure can!
DBL Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:13 AM   #69

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My thoughts:
Sewer Solution is a fresh water powered macerator pump, It uses gallons of Fresh Water (A resource we are fast running out of) to do a job that an electric Macerator pump can do with a few watthours of electricity, And do better I might add.. Thus I'm anti-sewer solution.

Rino Flex for many years the best of reasonable priced hoses,, I have wore out two of them.. not quite as good as advertised.

The Viper looks good.. I have the "Smart Hose" (I think that's Tethford but not sure) which is kind of unique and really like it.

There is one called Drain Master and possibly one Sewer Master
Now those.. Come with lifetime warranty (At least one) and they are by and far the best.. but man are they expensive.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:44 AM   #70

Tiffin Owners Club
Sewer Solution works great, no moving parts to jam or fail, works by Venturi effect and is clean when you are finished. As for water consumption, it only takes about 10 minutes to pump out our tank, every 4-5 days. That is a very weak environmental argument, as you still have to wash out your other type hoses to put them up. If that is a big concern, "shower with a friend."
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote