Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2020, 11:35 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Blackstone 22 Tabletop Griddle

Hi was wondering of those who have this griddle do you feel safe in leaving it on your picknick table while you are away from your campsite? And or do you secure it somehow? It weighs 33 pounds and would be a PITA if needing to take in and out of storage bay all the time.

We’re trying to decide if the 17” griddle would be better at 26 pounds.
AlanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2020, 11:47 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bought The 17" and it works great.
Digger01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 11:52 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger01 View Post
Bought The 17" and it works great.
So do you feel that one is not as heavy? Also do you leave it unattended at your campsite?
Old 12-25-2020, 02:58 PM   #4

Recently bought a Blackstone 22" and love it. Spent a week in North Carolina a couple of weeks ago and it stayed out on the table the whole time. Maybe I'm too trusting, but I also don't lock the MH if we leave for a short time.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year to all.
Ronnie
Wtbuck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 04:23 PM   #5

We have had the 17" for a couple of years. I would not want a heavier one. I always leave it on the picnic table unsecured. I did purchase the Blackstone hinged lid for it so it is not affected by rail.
allenb12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 05:48 PM   #6

I have the 22" and always leave it out along with lots of other things. Never had a problem with anything walking off.
Jayco19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 07:28 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
I have the 22" on a Blackstone stand and I have never hesitated at leaving it out when away from the site.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 06:38 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks everyone for your response. We purchased the 22 without realizing how heavy it was. We will return the 22 and get the 17 we like how well built they are. We haven’t had anything grow legs and take a hike ,but we’re curious as to storing it every time we used it.

Thanks again for your response.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:17 AM   #9

We have the 22 from Wally World that comes with a lid and stand. I have a bad back, so I just carry it out in three parts. Slide it out, carry out the grill top, then the grill body, and finally the stand. We always leave it out with a cover. The only problem is the four footed bandits love the grease trap. Also the 22 has dual burners and makes a huge difference. If you are only going to use it to cook the occasional burger, the 17 would work great, but for us we do almost all of our cooking outside. The Blackstone is near the top of our favorite amenities.
54Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 07:28 AM   #10

If a thief has a need for it then its weight will not be an impediment.

I always set up / leave my Weber Baby Q grills (and propane tank) on their designed stands. I also generally put out a propane firepit.

To date I've never had anything walk away.
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 08:04 AM   #11

We bought the 17" with the lid and find it to be the right size for my wife and I. It's also great for day trips and tailgating. We spent the day at a local Arizona lake and made cheesesteaks. But you already know all this.
treeoflib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 08:34 AM   #12

I travel with a weber Q and a 17" Blackstone and they sit out till I pack up to leave. But then I don't camp in the hood.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:02 PM   #13

Funny aside about the different thoughts on security. I kind of feel someone's more likely to monkey with stuff in my RV at home than at a campground.
We like to camp with my daughter and son in law. They have a trailer and he locks EVERYTHING. Every time someone wants a mallet or something there he goes digging through the key to whichever cargo door. We left the camp together to go eat and had to wait while he put things in the camper and locked it all up. He asked about me locking up my RV next door and I replied "Lock my door nothing. It's not even shut properly. Let's go."
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 08:05 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Funny aside about the different thoughts on security. I kind of feel someone's more likely to monkey with stuff in my RV at home than at a campground.
We like to camp with my daughter and son in law. They have a trailer and he locks EVERYTHING. Every time someone wants a mallet or something there he goes digging through the key to whichever cargo door. We left the camp together to go eat and had to wait while he put things in the camper and locked it all up. He asked about me locking up my RV next door and I replied "Lock my door nothing. It's not even shut properly. Let's go."
A lock is only a speed bump to a thief!!!
1Motorhome is offline   Reply With Quote