Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2018, 07:53 PM   #15

American Coach Owners Club
Love our Tailgater! Bought it from Groupon, excellent deal! Think it was $150ish.
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2018, 08:13 PM   #16

Yes the Blackstone is amazing! Every thing I have made from pancakes to fried rice smells and tastes great. A must have!
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:21 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
One downside...if it's windy you won't get heat to the griddle. Switched to the weber for backup, burger safely consumed.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:25 PM   #18

We were getting ready to order a $300 Partner Steel cook stove to replace our current Coleman Triton stove, but now that I've ran across this post I believe we're going this path instead. Great looking griddle and I don't have to worry about dealing with the bacon grease like I currently do with our Lodge griddle.

With this griddle we can leave all those heavy Lodge griddles and pans at home. I've been trying to figure out a way to shed some weight in our TT and I believe this is the perfect answer.

We already have a 12' high pressure hose for our 20 lb propane bottle with the 1 lb. fitting built onto the stove end, so this is plug-n-play.

Thanks!!!

Found a windscreen that's 40.5" long unfolded, going to grab it just in case.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...EHH0L7MG&psc=1
Old 02-06-2018, 06:36 AM   #19

We have a nice looking stainless steel lowes special which I got as a display for $50.00. With that said it is a good size but doesn't get hot enough to sear steaks, so anyway looking for a nice higher end grill, nother thread. So I came across this griddle and at time was over a year ago, was 85.00 online at ace hardware. Had good reviews so why not ordered it. Now we still grill a lot but this griddle is amazing. The quality is unmatched for the price, don't know how they do it. It is well built and an excellent piece. Have done a load of burgers last summer at beach for a group of us and they were awesome. Did a griddle full of peppers and sausage at a car show and put in crock pot, awesome. Fajitas for 10 with pounds of chicken and peppers and onions, amazing. I did get the big tank hose as we carry two grill tanks as we are foodies. You can't go wrong with this griddle at all. It could be bigger... they could also make a grill top for it like they do the larger griddles, have to write blackstone. Amazing and amazing I say. I also bring it home and use at the farm when cooking for small groups. It is a great addition to our two webbers, pellet grill, and smoker! Foodies.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:07 AM   #20

Received the griddle this past weekend. Overall very impressed with the build quality and the griddle size is a lot larger than I was expecting from looking at the pictures online. I'm glad I went with the single burner for sure.

Picked up the Blackstone carry bag as well, everything fits nice. I am able to store our 12' propane hose inside the griddle housing for transport, along with a spatula, two wind screens and the regulator. Everything stores very compact.

I used 100% pure Coconut seasoning oil and ran it through three cycles at 500-550F in our outdoor gas grill at home, the griddle is now a very even dark black color so it took the seasoning well. I first tried to season it in our oven at home......didn't realize Coconut oil smoked so much....oops

Can't wait to cook on this thing!
Old 02-06-2018, 07:09 AM   #21

You will not be disappointed from anything from steaks to fried rice. Once you smell how everything is cooking it's like love at first sight
Old 02-07-2018, 10:46 AM   #22

Any feedback on the Blackstone Dash portable grill/griddle? I like the fact it has a lid and legs and that the grill can be flipped over to a flat griddle surface, just looking for some feedback from an actual user.

https://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-Po...70_&dpSrc=srch
sanddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #23

I have been looking at that on also.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:33 PM   #24

im going to grab one of these at home depot when we head to WDW next month!
Old 02-11-2018, 04:22 PM   #25

I'll be using mine there next month also spring break!
Old 02-12-2018, 06:11 AM   #26

I have been seeing these at walmart and home depot etc. last year. They really are well built for the money. If Blackstone can take this concept and run with it and make a nice medium sized grill for travel, similar to the cheapy I have I would go Blackstone all the way.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:25 AM   #27

They have several different sizes.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:39 AM   #28

Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's what we have. Works great.

https://www.blackstoneproducts.com/p...ilgater-combo/

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote