Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2021, 08:33 PM   #1

Blackstone Griddles?

There seems to be a lot of hubbub about blackstone portable grilles on some FB groups. Does anyone use these? More specifically the small 2 burner table top type?

https://www.amazon.ca/Blackstone-1666-Table-Griddle-Steel/dp/B07NLM5ZH9/ref=asc_df_B07NLM5ZH9/?tag=googlemobshop-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=337102075583&hvpos=&hvnetw= g&hvrand=17183198371113934602&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqm t=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9000995&hv targid=pla-700839897355&psc=1
Great-Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2021, 08:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great-Escape View Post
There seems to be a lot of hubbub about blackstone portable grilles on some FB groups. Does anyone use these? More specifically the small 2 burner table top type?

https://www.amazon.ca/Blackstone-166...39897355&psc=1
I have the 17 inch single burner and like it, however if buying again I will buy the double burner.
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 09:10 PM   #3

I never liked my Coleman Roadtrip propane grill so I tried the 17” Blackstone single burner griddle. Carried both of those in the winter/spring of 2020. When we got back home from that trip I donated both to a charity and replaced them with the 22” Blackstone 2 burner Griddle.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:23 PM   #4

I got the electric 17 inch and so far the size has been fine for the two of us and occasional friends. Every grill has its own "personality" and I have found it has taken some practice to learn this griddles own quirks. It heats up fast but then the temperature plummets before finally returning to a more steady state. So either I wait a while for it to equalize or I've taken to doing the high heat foods like bacon first and then switch to the other foods that do better with lower heat. Like the lid. Especially helps when its a little windy keeping the heat in.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:28 PM   #5
D20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just picked up a Camp Chef Versatop griddle with the grill attachment. Haven’t fired it up yet. First impressions are that it is very well built.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:31 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I bought both of my son-in-laws one last Christmas. They were going into their outdoor kitchens on their fifth wheels. I looked at the single burner, but if you're trying to cook a couple of different items, it's nice to be able to adjust one half to another temp. They both love them and we've reaped the benefits with some nice breakfast burritos.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 09:50 PM   #7

We have the 22” model with 2 burners.
Love it!! Once seasoned, it’s an extremely easy cleanup. Get an infrared non-contact to set surface temp. We find low is good for most items but high works great for searing, etc.
We use the 1lb bottles but do have hose hookups to the coach.
Just might get rid of our 15yr old grill at home and get one of these [emoji6] Works great for breakfasts, steaks, chicken, fish, shrimp, veggies, spuds, whatever.
bobmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 10:14 PM   #8

We also have the 22” two burner and absolutely love it! We previously carried a Webber Q, and a Coleman dual gas stove. The Blackstone does everything they did and more. Not much it can’t do. A little heavier getting it in and out of the storage compartment, but worth it. 1 lb bottles work, but go quick, so we have to find ways to safely carry the propane tank.
Old 08-29-2021, 10:43 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
I've been carrying a 22" Blackstone for a couple of years now and wouldn't be without it. It's great for breakfasts, burgers, chicken breasts, etc but I prefer a grill for steaks and corn so I carry both.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 06:53 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
I have the 22" 2-burner Blackstone. I absolutely love the way it cooks. And as others have said, it cleans up fairly easily. BUT - It is only used on the deck of our S&B. That darn thing is just a little too heavy for me to haul out of the the coach and set up on a picnic table. And to put back in storage before travel. Maybe when I was younger.....

I have a weber Q grill and bought a griddle top for it. Not nearly the same as the blackstone, but passable. And much easier to get out of and put back into storage.

Regards.

Chuck
Old 08-30-2021, 07:04 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
I've had several Blackstone griddles. Started with the 17" and now have moved up to the Air Fryer/Griddle (36") Combo. I can have this because we own our RV lot in Florida and have a shed to keep it in when traveling.

I like them all. While I do have access to a regular grill, I find that I do all my cooking on a griddle. For me, it's the only way to go.

Check out the numerous videos with Blackstone on youtube.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:05 PM   #12

The 17” works just fine for my needs on the road. I camp solo with a bunch of guys and we all have our own stuff to cook on.
Nothing I haven’t been able to make yet of the foods I like when I’m camping.

I have a 22” and a 36” for home use. I seldom use the old grill anymore.
sgpd1sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:16 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Walmart has a package deal on a dual burner 22" Blackstone griddle with lid and a steel stand.
We love it! You can cook almost anything on it.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:21 PM   #14

I have the 22", 2-burner blackstone and love it! Sometimes it's all I take to cook on. You can do most anything on it, and it's very portable. It's great for 2 people, or for a crowd. It's really nice to be able to cook a whole pound of bacon at one time when the kids are along. "Smash burgers" are my favorite burgers now, too, and they only take a few minutes to cook. Looks like the price has gone up a lot though! I paid less than half of the Amazon price from wal-mart about a year ago!
jergle is offline   Reply With Quote