Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2021, 09:18 AM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
10 years of Rhino hoses with no issues. A campground gardener did slice mine once with a weedwacker. Management replaced it. DOH!

That said, I always double check the connections and tightness of the hose in the fittings prior to pulling the handle.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2021, 07:27 AM   #16

We used a Rhinoflex hose on our Class C when we had it. When we got the fifth wheel, I needed to get a new hose, but had to settle for the brown Camco Revolution kit because the Wal-Mart we were at was sold out of the Rhino. No complaints about the Revolution yet, but it is a flimsy typical hose, not like the Rhino. Our only complaint with the Rhino was that it did not fit in the bumper of our Class C.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmanjay View Post
Rhino flex has changed their product.They now have permanently attached fittings. The new model has an orange ring behind the fitting, the old removable has a black ring. Previous posters have described how that works. Think some people did not know they could tighten/ remove the fittings and jumped to the conclusion that it was leaking and discarded it, when all they had to do was loosen the black ring, screw the hose in further and tighten the black ring. See no advantage to the new system, when the old has so many more options and has been very reliable for me for several years
Camco has definitely changed the end fittings on the RhinoFLEX hoses from removable and replaceable to non-removable therefore making the hoses non-repairable and non-modifiable. Before making my previous post on this thread I visited the Camco website and it showed several pics of the RhinoFLEX hoses with the removable end fittings.
Yesterday I was in Walmart and saw the RhinoFLEX hoses now have the glued-on end fittings like the RhinoEXTREME hoses. I just visited the Camco website again and they have replaced the pics of the older hoses with pics of the newer hoses. Maybe they have been following this thread.[emoji848]
It just ain't right IMO when a company replaces a superior repairable product with an inferior more expensive non-repairable product so they can sell more hoses.[emoji35]
I guess I'm going to have to lock up my existing hoses from now on and perhaps insure them too.[emoji44]
[emoji40]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210224_172336737.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	319289
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:11 PM   #18

Think the repair kits are still available. I cut off the glued and added the removable for a new extension
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Think the repair kits are still available. I cut off the glued and added the removable for a new extension
Were you able to buy a new screw-on end fitting or did you have a used one?
[emoji40]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
Old 02-26-2021, 10:56 PM   #20

Was able to buy new fittings on Amazon with the locking ring
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:02 AM   #21

Quote:
Was able to buy new fittings on Amazon with the locking ring
Thanks for the info. I had to scroll through many pages on Amazon to finally find them. I hope they continue to manufacture and sell them.
[emoji40]
Old 02-28-2021, 10:54 AM   #22

All of the above info is great. However, there is one factor to sewer hose longevity and that is where you store it. We have one that is actually two twenty foot lengths with a joiner in the middle so we can use either or both as needed. It has never been in a square bumper. It is aways stored in a pvc pipe with end fittings that take screw in caps. Being that most , if not all, bumpers are only painted for a foot or so from the end inside it turns even the best of hoses into sprinklers after they slide around on the rust. A square pvc fence post works well if you put a pin through the end caps to keep them on. His allows you to buy what you feel is the best hose for you and keep it for a long time. Hope this helps.
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:56 PM   #23

You hit the nail on the head with point out storage! One thing I likes about the Rhinoflex and the Camco hoses I currently have is they are super easy to compress down to a very short and easy to store length. I keep ours in a sterilite tub in the basement access over the sewer hookup. So far I have not lost the caps for the ends, so they stay compressed and "sealed" up. The tote I use is large enough to store both hoses, the right angle adaptor and a specific use hose for the black tank flusher. We have an extra generic sewer hose stored in a separate and smaller tub that is our emergency use, just can't quite reach back up unit, which is stored in a different compartment.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:11 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Camco 20' RhinoFLEX Sewer Hose Kit

I use the vinyl fence post cover method. I installed them about 7 years ago, across the chassis just forward of the drive wheels, very convenient to the water bay. Painted black. I cut and inserted a length of vinyl gutter for each one to act as a sliding tray. That way I don’t lose any parts inside.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2114.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	725.7 KB
ID:	319905
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2116.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	697.4 KB
ID:	319906
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:02 PM   #25

Love the RhinoFLEX sewer hose's. Never had an issue with one coming apart.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:39 PM   #26

I bought one recently. The only issue I have is that they don't provide a cover for the elbow. I would like to leave it on the hose, but sealed.
ChrisJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:03 PM   #27

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I broke one by bending it too tightly to store it. Got a repair fitting and fixed it. Now I just don't bend it tightly.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 01:55 PM   #28

Red face Camco Rhino flex 15 foot kit

The problem is Camco makes their new version of the model 39762 but never changed the model number. The old version had the locking collars, which if used properly, work great and don't come loose. The new version has glued on ends with no collars, and I believe those are what is getting the bad reviews. I have been trying to find a 15 foot kit with the old style, but no luck so far. Most of the ads show the old style on the box or the pics, but all the stock is the new style. No one is updating the ads to show the new version. If anyone knows where I can get a old version with the clamps, please let me know! I would prefer a 15foot, but as hard as they are to find, then a 10 or 20 would be ok as well. Thanks!
BobDit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hose