Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #1

Camp Chef Fire Ring Opinions?

I am waiting on Lowes to deliver my Camp Chef Fire Ring. Has anyone tried one? We are in a drought and they have banned all wood burning - no campfires. I have the quick connect LP fitting on my trailer and will be buying 50ft of line to go with it. I prefer wood burning, but this will be better than nothing. Just curios if anyone has any experience with the Camp Chef Fire Ring. Thanks.
Nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:51 AM   #2

Can't speak for the Camp Chef but i can say this one from Lowes rocks! We've been using a Little Red Campfire and that thing sucks. The Garden Treasures unit puts out some serious heat and it's much bigger and appealing than the red campfire. The lid locks downs, it uses pumice stones instead of the stupid logs and it's only $99! WAY happier with this one for sure.
Attached Images

Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #3

Lowes screwed up the order. Ended up getting a better deal at big 5 sporting goods for the camp chef. I like the one you posted, but I really wanted something that could be easily stored.

I was able to try out the camp chef in the back yard. It is small in size, but it really puts out the heat if needed. I think because it is propane and not real wood, the size being smaller really doesn't effect the heat output. The camp chef also uses the pumice stones.
Nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:00 PM   #4

I have a camp chef and it really puts out nice heat at about 1 pound per hour, and you can run it under the awning or in an enclosure
Old 06-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #5

We've been pleased with 'The Amazing Campfire In A Can'. Costs are higher, but figured it was a 'one time purchase', and everyone I talked to were happy the had this unit. Two or three of the gang I asked, had 'given' their Little Red Campfires to people they knew.

We don't cook on it, and once we get the ceramic logs heated up - we turn the flame down to still provide the fire ambience and maintain the heat. Really can conserve on LP by throttling it back.

Have never seen the Camp Chef, will check it out next time I see one in Lowes.

Best,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:04 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Got our Camp Chef ring from Costco. Grand kids enjoy the s'mores! Works great. Adapted it to the low pressure quick connect on the on board propane tank. Love it. Haven't been to a park in several years that didn't have some type of campfire restriction or prohibition. This has always been allowed. Much less work and mess as well.turn the knob and fire is completely out every time.
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote