Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2016, 05:46 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Eez rv tpms

Bought EEZ TPMS at Tampa RV show last month. Since I am finding a couple problems with it and their support I figure I should post my findings.
Mistake and my bad. I only needed four sensors. Not much price difference between four and six sensor kits - I should have bought six sensor kit, removed batteries from two and kept them as spares.
Kit came with three mounting options: 1. A U shaped wire that fits in three sets of holes on rear of monitor providing three different angles for tabletop or maybe bean bag mounting. 2. Suction cup mount that included a plastic disk for textured surfaces. 3. Mounting bracket for screwing to solid surfaces. Note to make screw mount work you will need to disassemble suction mount and use one piece of it. AND two power cords - one for cigarette lighter outlets and one for direct/hard wire connection. Compared to our old TST 510 the monitor screen is much larger and easier to read at a distance. Setup was reasonably painless and registering the sensors was easy. Displayed pressures were close enough. So far so good. For initial testing I installed it in our Ford Fiesta..
First problem was plastic knobs used to tighten mounting bracket at desired angle are VERY weak. On first short trip to a store one knob broke before I could tighten it up enough to hold position. Ended up eliminating plastic knobs and just using the nuts. Doesn't look so hot but it holds position. Mounting bracket is a very sloppy fit in monitor slot resulting in a lot of wobble. In our car the monitor is less than two feet from driver and wobble is only an irritation but I suspect the three foot or more viewing distance in our motor home the wobble will be much more than an irritation. Won't be able to test that for a few more weeks when we head back to Texas.
Next trip included a dirt road segment with potholes. Monitor bounced out of the holder. Second time it came out I just left it on floor. Now this turns out to be a real problem. Closer inspection revealed what appears to be a casting defect. First picture shows back of monitor with slots for bracket - note spring latch at bottom center. Picture two shows mounting bracket inserted as far as it will go which ends up about 1/8 " short for fully seating. This prevents monitor latch from snapping into bracket recess and is reason for wobble. Note space between top of bracket and slot. Picture three shows a tab in the slot about 1/8" from top on both sides that prevents bracket from fully seating.
I contacted EEZ RV products about the main mounting problem. I know they are aware of the problem based on forum comments by others. Basically they said "that's the way it is, use the wire mount and Velcro to dash."
By the time we finish the next trip in March I should be able to update this with a couple thousand miles of "on the road experience."
Until the mounting problems are solved I can not recommend EEZ RV TPMS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13250003.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	118840   Click image for larger version

Name:	13250004.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	118841  

Click image for larger version

Name:	13230001.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	118842  
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2016, 06:23 PM   #2

Velcro.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:32 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've seen several post about quality or lack thereof on the EEZ products. I checked into becoming a dealer and decided against it, now I'm glad I didn't pay out the money.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:48 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have had ours for close to 4 years now. Only problem was needed to add a repeater with the motorhome. replaced batteries in senders after 18 months. Getting ready to change a couple again. The freezing weather seems to zap them. 10,000 miles in the motorhome and had 24,000 miles when it was in the truck with the trailer. Used some of the mount parts to make up the dash mount.
rgmiller32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:09 PM   #5

I recently purchased the same system but have yet to take a trip. I am very disappointed in the mount as well. I got the same response when I called customer support. I'm looking at trying a cell phone friction mount.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:19 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Sorry to hear about your purchase. I also had issues with EEZ's customer service (i.e. lack of) for a defective item I purchased from them. I believe they sell cheap, badly manufactured products.

I wish you good luck getting resolution.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:43 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I've had mine going on three years now and not had a minuets trouble out of it,hav'nt even had to change the batteries yet,I did get rid of the junkie mount and just go with the Velcro that way it fits right against the dash.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:43 AM   #8

I have had my unit for 1 season, when charging unit electric port broke. I called Tom and he sent a replacement unit. Good customer service!
Old 02-12-2016, 04:47 AM   #9

Love mine. Used it on a 700 mile trip and then again on a 100 mile trip and haven't had any issues. Tom is awesome for customer support too.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I've seen several post about quality or lack thereof on the EEZ products. I checked into becoming a dealer and decided against it, now I'm glad I didn't pay out the money.
Really? I researched on here before I purchased and don't recall reading any negative against EEZ. So if you do a search for EEZ the very 1st thread that shows is TST VS EEZ. Based on the complaints in that one thread I wouldn't touch TST with a 10 foot pole.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:38 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Had mine for almost year and half. Found them to work great, mount the display in on the side glass and it runs forever with no charging attached. Tom was very helpful in setting it up.
jimlaurielucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 04:56 PM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
OP here with follow-up to the mounting bracket problem. Tom Robertson responded and found a leftover mount. I installed it and now I can say EEZ tire TPMS is a solid product. We had a 1,200 mile trip using it just laying on the dash and it did everything I wanted and expected. The theft proof sensor cover is removeable for the tight space installations. I had to do that for the two front tires. The large display was easy to read in any of the light conditions we experianced during our six day trip. The really big thing is reported tire pressure was VERY close to what my digital gauge was reading. As long as you get the new mount I can say this is a great TPMS and the support was excellent.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:29 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I just finished installing mine today and I like it a lot. I set four sensors up (total of 10) for the race trailer and it is pretty cool that you can simply press (link -) or (link +) and you are adding or deleting the trailer as needed. I was a bit disappointed with the mount bracket not clicking in properly but the benefits of the large screen sort of made me forget about that.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:45 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mine sits on the dash with velcro. I added the repeater because I was losing signal to my trailer and inside duals. Now it works great and has for 6 months. Screen is very easy to see in all conditions.
montyhp is offline   Reply With Quote