Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #1

Good Sam TravelAssist Coverage

Have you subscribed to, and had occasion to use Good Sams TravelAssist "insurance" policy. I'm in my 70's and this seems to be a prudent thing to do, since I will be traveling across the country. If you've had occasion to use, what is your evaluation ?

Fool
Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
For less than $100.00 a year it is pretty cheap insurance if you travel a lot , it seems to cover just about everything one would need if you get really sick on the road. I think this is something new this year for Goodsam club.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:13 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There is another similar service, but I can't remember the name. They usually have a presentation at the Good Sam and FMCA rallies. Maybe someone else here knows the name. I have one friend that was not happy with Good Sam and changed to the other. You might want to check them both out.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #4

Coach-net is another company that has a similar plan
Keithmq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Have you subscribed to, and had occasion to use Good Sams TravelAssist "insurance" policy. I'm in my 70's and this seems to be a prudent thing to do, since I will be traveling across the country. If you've had occasion to use, what is your evaluation ?

Fool
We have just renewed ours with Good Sam.. I think it's a good deal for the cost and gives us peace of mind when we are traveling. Have had their roadside assistance for sometime and we have used that serveral times and they were wonderful which is why we decided to go with the Travel Assist policy too.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #6

Cant find the policy or terms online, and cant find any reviews. I have been sent the GS mailing of this for years.
On the face of it, they only make phone calls for you.
I have the phone numbers to call and a DW.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #7

You may read about this plan at goodsam.com what I have on my desk sounds like a good "insurance policy" to help if either of us get sick and unable to travel.They mainly act as a coordinator for you, and will have your RV returned to your home if necessary, you just pay the fuel bill. Wife and I have decided we will purchase this GS plan this spring. I'm 70, with acute, chronic asthma; things could get messy in a hurry and we both realize the consequences. In short, it's kinda like road service for humans.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote