Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2020, 11:16 AM   #1

Groundhog 550 Bamascooters.com

I have seen posts on here about the Cricket cart and the Kangacruz carts but have seen no mention of the Groundhog 550. Has anyone had any experience with these carts? I really like the looks of these. The website is actually bamacricket.com

Also, I see Kangacrus has closed down. Does anyone know if there would be a place to purchase parts if you needed them, assuming you purchased a used one?
Cooper01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2020, 12:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper01 View Post
I have seen posts on here about the Cricket cart and the Kangacruz carts but have seen no mention of the Groundhog 550. Has anyone had any experience with these carts? I really like the looks of these. The website is actually bamacricket.com

Also, I see Kangacrus has closed down. Does anyone know if there would be a place to purchase parts if you needed them, assuming you purchased a used one?
Did you ever purchase a Groundhog? It appears to be the same as the Cricket RX5.

There are no copyright laws in China. Factories in different cities will build essentially the same product. I'm guessing BamaCricket is buying their carts from a different producer than Cricket. The basic design of the carts is probably all but identical. There could be differences in mechanicals. It would be interesting to see if they use the same motors, transaxles, etc.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #3

It was his first post and he was basically selling the golf cart. I believe he was, what's that word, A TROLL!
crb478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:46 PM   #4

A man was selling something like this about 7 miles from my house. After about 3 years of selling them he closed, with a 1 acre lot full of those he replaced under warranty. He was selling used parts off those to repair the ones that were repairable post-warranty. He said the factory did not want them back, shipping was to costly; so he just gave them a new one and sat the old one in the lot.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:21 AM   #5

Groundhog 550

I am sorry but I just saw the post. Yes, I did purchase the Groundhog 550 and love it. It has three batteries which is a plus. I have had absolutely no problems with it. I purchased it from bamacricket.com. They were very helpful and were actually the distributor for these carts. They have not gone out of business. It must have been a dealer that went out of business. I never had to go to the distributor in Rainsville, AL because they shipped it to me for $175. This model is much cheaper than the Cricket RX5. I purchased a red cart with red and black seats at no additional charge. Again, sorry I did not see the post. I would have thought I would have received an email when someone replied.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2021.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	309013   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2023.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	309014  

Old 11-23-2020, 04:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb478 View Post
It was his first post and he was basically selling the golf cart. I believe he was, what's that word, A TROLL!
By the way, I am not a Troll.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:51 PM   #7

My apologies, it only appeared you were with the first post and passage of time. Hope your golf cart serves you well.
crb478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper01 View Post
I am sorry but I just saw the post. Yes, I did purchase the Groundhog 550 and love it. It has three batteries which is a plus. I have had absolutely no problems with it. I purchased it from bamacricket.com. They were very helpful and were actually the distributor for these carts. They have not gone out of business. It must have been a dealer that went out of business. I never had to go to the distributor in Rainsville, AL because they shipped it to me for $175. This model is much cheaper than the Cricket RX5. I purchased a red cart with red and black seats at no additional charge. Again, sorry I did not see the post. I would have thought I would have received an email when someone replied.
My Cricket is the same color as your cart. I love your seats! $175 for shipping is crazy cheap. I had to return a tow bar once and that cost me $100.

I'm pretty certain the Groundhog is a clone of the Cricket. It looks identical. It is either coming from the same factory or one who is using the same design.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgreen1069 View Post
My Cricket is the same color as your cart. I love your seats! $175 for shipping is crazy cheap. I had to return a tow bar once and that cost me $100.

I'm pretty certain the Groundhog is a clone of the Cricket. It looks identical. It is either coming from the same factory or one who is using the same design.
Yes i think it is a clone as well. She threw in the colored seats at no charge. Crcket wanted additional money ifor the colored seats plus the base price was a lot more
Old 11-27-2020, 06:37 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
We bought one last year at the Tampa Super Show and have had no issues at all and highly recommend them!

Tags
scooter