RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #1

Inexpensive Portable Hammock - No Trees Required

Bought a couple of these a few months back and I was worried they wouldn't hold my 210 pounds but they have performed very well.

For about a hundred bucks you can get two and they have lifetime warranty.

They literally setup in minutes.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=619954
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They look comfy . Enjoy.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:37 PM   #3

With one's feet hanging over the hammock main body they are too short to comfortably sleep in. If there are spreader bars in the ends staying in them may also be an issue. OTOH the posting may be a bit of astroturfing as I have seen the same comment in several forums related to some part of the outdoor industry...
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #4

I'm 5'11" and I find them comfortable. Just like with any hammock you have to get used to how it balances. I'd prefer a real hand made Hammock from Costa Rica to hang between two trees, but most of the parks we visit don't have that luxury. These things deploy quickly and swing.

We'll see how long they last. Lifetime warranty was a bonus.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:22 PM   #5

Not the most portable option but it works.

I'm more the gathered end hammock type so this would be my type https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...st-and-most-po
lambdahammoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:27 AM   #6

If you are serious about a hammock to sleep in wander around on Hammmockforums.com. You can learn way more than you want to know. Particularly so if you dig into some of the older threads. That includes information on portable stands.

FWIW those bipod stands are aimed at the under 200 lb folks who are essentially backpacking. That includes the bike and canoe/kayak folks where weight and bulk are issues. If you are not dealing with those limitations there are several different versions of stands with a top bar and tripod or bipod ends that will do a better job and handle significantly higher loads without getting into the weight and bulk of something like a Pawleys Island rope hammock and steel stand.

In general any spreader bar hammock is more prone to dumping their user out than any gathered end. The balance is the spreader bar lets one use a shorter length or sprawl flatter.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote