RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #1

Question Makita cordless vacuum

https://www.tylertool.com/makita-xlc...?ref=makitawtb

I am looking at getting this for the trailer, Anyone have this model, or the bag-less 3 speed version? I wonder which has more suction. Both are within a few $$ of each other.

I have other Makita tools and like their quality.

Thanks for any feedback

One other thought - does anyone know if a hose will attach for getting behind the couch or in places the normal head wont work?

Thanks again
YODA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2020, 09:53 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Have you purchased from this webiste before. It has a phone number listed but no other contact information.

I recently had to file 2 fraud claims with Paypal from sites that from a first glance looked legitimate, nice websites etc. But never received my order and no communication after payment. Just a word of warning.

Hopefully somebody else can verity the company.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Have you purchased from this webiste before. It has a phone number listed but no other contact information.

I recently had to file 2 fraud claims with Paypal from sites that from a first glance looked legitimate, nice websites etc. But never received my order and no communication after payment. Just a word of warning.

I used that web page as an example, same price elsewhere. However Makita shows them as an authorized dealer on their web page.

Do you know anything about the vacuum?
Thanks
Old 08-23-2020, 10:11 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post

Not to sidetrack this thread but had a similar experience with a Scam website last year......paid through PP with a CC and when I was scammed PP was COMPLETELY USELESS in getting this resolved. I had to dispute the Charges with the CC AFTER PP said "Sorry nothing we can do". I ALWAYS make online purchases with a CC regardless of whether I use PP or not

OK back to the subject at hand, sorry to go off track as I am very interested in this vacuum as well
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YODA View Post
https://www.tylertool.com/makita-xlc...?ref=makitawtb

I am looking at getting this for the trailer, Anyone have this model, or the bag-less 3 speed version? I wonder which has more suction. Both are within a few $$ of each other.

I have other Makita tools and like their quality.

Thanks for any feedback

One other thought - does anyone know if a hose will attach for getting behind the couch or in places the normal head wont work?

Thanks again
I have used some variation of this vac for over 30 years - https://www.amazon.com/Makita-LC06ZW...199009&sr=8-15 - this 12v one is the one i use and it matches up withthe impact gun and drill with the same Battery - Love them all.

Not sure what vac you are tring to get info of but this one has been great for Years, both in the RV and the Sticks and Bricks.

IMHO, anything with the Makita name on it is likely a good product.

JMHO,
Busskipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
I have used some variation of this vac for over 30 years - https://www.amazon.com/Makita-LC06ZW...199009&sr=8-15 - this 12v one is the one i use and it matches up withthe impact gun and drill with the same Battery - Love them all.

Not sure what vac you are tring to get info of but this one has been great for Years, both in the RV and the Sticks and Bricks.

IMHO, anything with the Makita name on it is likely a good product.

JMHO,

Same one on Amazon - this is the vac I am considering.
https://www.amazon.com/Makita-XLC05R...ct_top?ie=UTF8
Old 08-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Same one on Amazon - this is the vac I am considering.
https://www.amazon.com/Makita-XLC05R...ct_top?ie=UTF8
$$$$$ lot more for a power switch - we have seriously used some version of this over the last 25-30 years and have not needed a lower power switch.

We have them at a seasonal rental at the Beach and the Cleaners loved them.

Gave them to both sons and DW's loved them.

.... on and on - $$ would be the only thing I'd look hard at.

JMHO,
Busskipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
$$$$$ lot more for a power switch - we have seriously used some version of this over the last 25-30 years and have not needed a lower power switch.

We have them at a seasonal rental at the Beach and the Cleaners loved them.

Gave them to both sons and DW's loved them.

.... on and on - $$ would be the only thing I'd look hard at.

JMHO,

Thanks
This model has bags or replaceable filter. There is another bag-less model that has the same suction power which is higher than the previous one

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-XLC04R...8201660&sr=8-1

Thanks again for your input
Old 08-23-2020, 07:28 PM   #9

Have you looked at Dyson? Too many $$? We have one that has worked very well for several years in the coach.
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:50 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Dyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Have you looked at Dyson? Too many $$? We have one that has worked very well for several years in the coach.
I would agree with dyson. My wife had gone through multiple Vacuums over the years. I bought her a Dyson stick animal and it has been the only one thats held up to daily use. With 3 dogs she sweeps every day sometimes twice a day. Money well spent in my opinion. I should also this is used in our S&B 2300sqft plus full finished walkout basement. So it really gets used.
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:34 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks
This model has bags or replaceable filter. There is another bag-less model that has the same suction power which is higher than the previous one

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-XLC04R...8201660&sr=8-1

Thanks again for your input
I bought this one for myself and my wife confiscated it and loves it and uses it at our NJ house. Loves it so much I bought her a second one for the FL house.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 04:46 AM   #12

Sorry, no direct experience with that product. However, if that vacuum is half as good as all the other Makita stuff that uses those same batteries, you can't go wrong!
Old 08-25-2020, 04:32 AM   #13

I've gone thru 3 Shark rechargeable vacuums, and parts are not available. They did a great job but only lasted 6 months.

The Dyson's have online parts availability, and my wife loves the thing. I did have to have a replacement battery.

We use our Dyson many times per day, and absolutely love it. Only downside is we have to clean out the trap very often due to a shedding Rottweiler.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:46 PM   #14

We have that 2 speed model and it is great. Lots of suction and very long battery life. Better yet is the Makita compact blower, DUB182Z 18V. We use it every day when in FL to blow off the mat, and very often on the roof to blow off debris.
slowlanelife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vacuum