Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2006, 12:43 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
I wish. I have been asked this question by someone who could really benefit by the experience of the folks on these Forums in selecting a new RV. Looking for best quality and customer support. Tow vehicle will be matched to the trailer whatever it takes.
Thanks
John

2006 Montana 3400RL Quad Slide full timing July 06 <a href="https://www.wunderground.com/US/TX/Waco.html">
Cummins Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2006, 12:43 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
I wish. I have been asked this question by someone who could really benefit by the experience of the folks on these Forums in selecting a new RV. Looking for best quality and customer support. Tow vehicle will be matched to the trailer whatever it takes.
Thanks
John

2006 Montana 3400RL Quad Slide full timing July 06 <a href="https://www.wunderground.com/US/TX/Waco.html">
Cummins Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:15 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Looking for best quality and customer support. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a loaded question, you'll get many varied opinions.

Most folks will respond with a vote of support for the brand they own rather than an objective recommendation.

With that out of the way and since money is no object, take a look at some models from Newmar, Travel Supreme, Nu-Wa, Alpha Gold, and Teton to name a few. There's others but my mind isn't picking up on all of them right now.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:30 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

All good names Richard and you're right,there are a bazillion opinions....If I was going back to fivers and money was NO object,I'd pick the Royals by Carriage 38 footer...
(I'd have me a SWEET medium duty hauler too!! )

I've been to the factory,when I had a fiver by them and IMHO it's a nicely built rig...

My late Father in law had a Hitchhiker and I always liked that and yes,Travel Supreme's a good looker too!! Too many choices!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #5

I already tossed a manufacturer's name your way on the other forum, so I won't repeat the answer. I'm only posting here just to say I would never, ever, under any circumstances, "pick the Royals by Carriage 38 footer."

I did pick it at one point (look at sig line), but experience is the best teacher. I would never pick it again. There's been too many poor quality control issues and difficult warranty dealings with the company since their buyout by an investment group.

Ah heck, I will repeat the answer from the other forum. Take a good look at the Tetons. I would also agree that the Newmar Kountry Aire would be worth a look along with the top end Travel Supreme product.

Good luck.

Garth
Garth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:55 AM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
http://www.tetonhomes.com/
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:35 AM   #7

I second the motion for Tetons
Old 02-25-2006, 11:18 AM   #8

Something else to keep in mind is that top dollar may not neccesarily get the best unit and or support.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 349:
Something else to keep in mind is that top dollar may not neccesarily get the best unit and or support. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's very true....By the way, WELCOME to iRV2!!
Richard is so right when he mentions we all have our favorites...

but....

My wife's parents always owned fifth wheels,thus our first two units were fifth wheels...If she had her way,(gosh did I say that?) we'd have another fifth wheel,but the one she wanted I would only pull with an MDT,
and "my" wife ain't riding in no MDT according to her. I do love my Vectra,don't get me wrong,but I could do just fine with a fiver too.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:20 AM   #10

The one and only 5-star rated 5th W. is the New Horizons.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote