Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2018, 10:56 AM   #1

Need a quality fresh water hose for hose reel

I am looking for a high quality, replacement fresh water supply hose for our coach. This will be put in an existing retractable hose reel in the water bay so something like an expanding Zero-g will not work. Plus, I do not want to have to replace it for a long time. I have used a couple Camco hoses and their fittings are junk and they expand too much from constant water pressure.

I want a 1/2" x 25' hose (all the PEX plumbing in the coach is 1/2") that is strong, durable, with quantity fittings and has a high pressure rating because we often winter camp and I like having the pressure regulator inside the water bay on the coach end of the hose (with a heated hose outside the coach). It needs to hold up to constant, unregulated high water pressure. Currently I am looking at a hose from the RV water filter store with over 100psi rating. I looked at Flexzilla, but do not see that is rated potable water safe? All advice appreciated!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2018, 12:44 PM   #2

Water Right Hoses.

Definitely not inexpensive, but really high quality hoses (and fittings) from our experience so far.

Tested to 80 psig with a 400 psig design burst pressure at 70F.

Their 5/8" hose has a 500 psig design burst pressure.

The 400 Series that we have is incredibly compact and light weight.

https://www.waterrightinc.com/pages/...se-information

https://www.waterrightinc.com/search?q=burst+pressure

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016J45T24...ing=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Water-Right-P...016J464MS?th=1
Old 01-31-2018, 07:07 PM   #3

Look up the Flexzilla
Water | Hose | All Weather | No Kink | Lightweight | Flexzilla
Old 01-31-2018, 07:49 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ditto on the Flexzilla and these shut-offs are great!

https://www.amazon.com/2wayz-Garden-...hose+wye&psc=1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:53 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I went to the Water Right website and couldn’t find any hoses that are drinking water safe. I know Flexilla hoses are.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-31-2018, 08:05 PM   #6

Water Filter Store: https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/
Old 02-01-2018, 07:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I went to the Water Right website and couldn’t find any hoses that are drinking water safe. I know Flexilla hoses are.
It's clearly stated under every one of their hose descriptions

"Made in Oregon and super slim and lightweight by design, our 400 series polyurethane garden hose is soft, flexible and effortless to use. We can proudly say that you have never used anything like it. Using only top quality materials from Bayer Material Science, our polyurethane is 100% free from toxic chemicals such as lead, BPA and phthalates often found in other garden hose and makes a great drinking water safe garden hose for home, garden, rv, boat, marine, workshop and more. It's light as a feather."

https://www.waterrightinc.com/collec...den-hose-25-ft

"Our 500 series polyurethane garden hose delivers about 25% more water flow than our 400 Slim & Light series. You asked for it and we have delivered. The 500 series is still just as soft, flexible and effortless to use as the 400 slim series and weighs about 25% more. We can proudly say that you have never used anything like it. This is a great drinking water safe garden hose for home, garden, rv, boat, marine, workshop and more. Using only top quality materials from Bayer Material Science, our polyurethane is safe to drink from and is 100% free from toxic chemicals such as lead, BPA and phthalates often found in other garden hose."

https://www.waterrightinc.com/collec...ne-garden-hose

"Our 600 series polyurethane garden hose is made right here in Oregon. It has been engineered to deliver a maximum amount of water flow to tackle any task around your home and garden. It's just as soft, flexible and effortless to use as our 1/2" 500 Series hose and delivers about 25% more water. This just might be the finest full flow 5/8" garden hose ever made. Great for a rv's since it is safe to use for drinking water. Washing your toys will never be the same."

https://www.waterrightinc.com/collec...ne-garden-hose
Old 02-01-2018, 07:30 AM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My bad! Thanks for the correction.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-01-2018, 07:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
I looked at Flexzilla, but do not see that is rated potable water safe? All advice appreciated!
Flexzilla is potable water safe. Meets your other requirements too. We love ours although we don't have a hose reel.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:29 AM   #10

Thanks for the replies. Right now I am leaning towards the Water Filter Store hose because I like the white color over darker colors, the higher pressure rating than their competitors and they can custom build one for me. With the hose reel and the way I attach the hose to our plumbing system, getting a hose with two female fittings would make my installation job easier.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
My bad! Thanks for the correction.
You had me worried for a minute.....of course I still drink out of our poison hose on the front of the house when I'm outside working, hasn't killed me yet in half a century
Old 02-02-2018, 05:19 AM   #12

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On a hot day i can taste the chemicals, but it’s better than cotton mouth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-11-2018, 03:47 PM   #13
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
I am looking for a high quality, replacement fresh water supply hose for our coach. This will be put in an existing retractable hose reel in the water bay so something like an expanding Zero-g will not work. Plus, I do not want to have to replace it for a long time. I have used a couple Camco hoses and their fittings are junk and they expand too much from constant water pressure.

I want a 1/2" x 25' hose (all the PEX plumbing in the coach is 1/2") that is strong, durable, with quantity fittings and has a high pressure rating because we often winter camp and I like having the pressure regulator inside the water bay on the coach end of the hose (with a heated hose outside the coach). It needs to hold up to constant, unregulated high water pressure. Currently I am looking at a hose from the RV water filter store with over 100psi rating. I looked at Flexzilla, but do not see that is rated potable water safe? All advice appreciated!
Just curious as to why the Zero-G would not work in that application?
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #14

First, the spring loaded hose reel puts a lot of pressure on the hose (causing it to pinch flat) when it retracts and the inner windings may not expand enough with water pressure to allow full flow through the hose when it is not fully pulled out of the reel. Also, to connect the hose to the reel requires the hose to be cut to attach to a barbed fitting and I would not want to cut one like that. I like the Zero-g hose I have, but I just think other hose types would work better with a spring loaded hose reel.

Tags
fresh water, quality, water