Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2023, 04:19 PM   #1

Ninja Woodfired Grill

While recuperating from a recent surgery I found myself watching Saturday morning infomercials. The Ninja Woodfire Grill looks pretty appropriate for RV use.
Does anyone have any experience with it?
steveak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2023, 10:49 AM   #2

Following
Old 05-26-2023, 04:13 AM   #3

I’m surprised there are no answers. There was a thread about a month ago with several people raving about how great the Ninja is. You might try a search.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 02:02 PM   #4

Browsing topics, I ran across this thread. I like the Ninja brand myself. A lot. I checked YouTube and found this video from a month ago. It's a long term review. It goes through the pros, cons, pellets, cleaning, and gives some tips. Me? I'm now considering it for myself!

Jack Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 04:10 AM   #5

Ninja Woodfired Grill

Yes, I too was surprised at the lack of response. I think it has a lot to do with where the moderator moved it to. I still can’t find the section it was moved to. Did not even know it existed.
So I went ahead and purchased the grill. I am very happy with the grill, although I find that there is a lot of learning curve. Following the mfg’ers directions or recipes often results in overcooking one’s food. Badly at times.
That being said, I no longer carry a charcoal grill or all the stuff that goes with it. Freed up more than 1/2 the space in one of the cargo smaller holds. I also can (and do) use it at home to speed my learning and/or if it is raining as to preclude getting the big BBQs wet.
Old 07-03-2023, 05:00 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Interesting I ran across a Costco ad last night featuring it on sale. I wondered about it. Then I ran across your thread this morning. So far things are lining up for me to justify getting this. I too need to free up some space. I love my charcoal grill but it takes up some space.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 09:01 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Purchased the wood fire pro and the getting use to it. I have done bacon (that was done correctly). Also smoked rack of ribs. Not as good as others I have smoked but did ok. It will take time to adjust the time and temp for your liking. Great for camping.
Obrenn73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 04:10 PM   #8
jrs

Following.... Still doing research, watched videos and will likely get the Pro with the thermometer. Sick and tired of my current propane grill flaming out in the wind (if cooking at low temps) or flaming up and torching the meat. Like the idea of an electric grill with the smoke flavor. Can't go wrong with air fried wings too.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 10:33 PM   #9

We recently bought one -- found one on sale at Sam's Club for $250. So far, my wife absolutely loves it!
daveinaz58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 07:09 AM   #10
jrs

Bought the Pro with the thermometer and cooked chicken twice and burgers twice. DW doesn't like the smoke flavor but I love it.....
Based on a Youtube post, I'm going to pick up charcoal wood pellets today at Lowes to try that out.
Finding that you can place the food on it with no need to keep an eye on it.
No more wind or flame up issues like the old propane grill.
Still new and learning how to use but so far it's a winner.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 04:54 PM   #11

I'm going to have to check this out sounds like it might be a good idea. right now we have a small gas grill about the size of the pellet one in the video. i have a small S.S. tray i put smoker pellets in for that smoke flavor. i currently use the small green propane cans, one can will last for 3-5 cooking sessions. i have a hose to hook it to my rv propane system but need a fitting to complete it. this would be a nice addition and not have to deal with the propane. one thing is it uses 110. so if we were someplace with no hook ups witch we do often, i would have to run the generator. but thats what it for no big deal.
Jay D.
Jay D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 04:57 PM   #12

Follow up on original post.

So I bought the one with a thermometer. I have found that the recipes in the owners manual are worthless and lead to overcooking. There is a learning curve. I have found good advice and procedures on YouTube, especially some guy named CJ. Do a search on YouTube for CJ and Ninja Woodfire Grill. It is worth your time.
I have found two problems. First, it is a little dirty. After every cook there is grease running down the rear legs. I try to place it on cardboard to keep the underlying surface clean. I have about five layers of cardboard in the cargo bay where it resides and remove the top layer as often as needed as I cannot get it totally clean . Second, we are finding it so convenient we tend to use it at home frequently. That means getting it out of the Moho or risking leaving it at home when we travel. Such a problem to have.
All in all it has proven a good purchase.

Steve
Old 09-27-2023, 07:19 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveak View Post
So I bought the one with a thermometer. I have found that the recipes in the owners manual are worthless and lead to overcooking. There is a learning curve. I have found good advice and procedures on YouTube, especially some guy named CJ. Do a search on YouTube for CJ and Ninja Woodfire Grill. It is worth your time.
I have found two problems. First, it is a little dirty. After every cook there is grease running down the rear legs. I try to place it on cardboard to keep the underlying surface clean. I have about five layers of cardboard in the cargo bay where it resides and remove the top layer as often as needed as I cannot get it totally clean . Second, we are finding it so convenient we tend to use it at home frequently. That means getting it out of the Moho or risking leaving it at home when we travel. Such a problem to have.
All in all it has proven a good purchase.

Steve
Ditto what Steve said on both things. It cooks faster than what the recipes call for. And we got it for the RV but like it so much we’re using it at home instead of our big propane grill.
daveinaz58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 07:55 AM   #14

I’m not sure how I missed this thread. I own a Ninja Woodfire Grill that we use in our motorhome. I really like it. Our current motorhome is all electric so I bought it to replace a Weber Q gas grill. I agree with the comments above. Here are my top good and bad things about it:

Bad:

- It can get messy as mentioned above. I clean it after every use to discourage attention from bears. I line the grease tray with foil so it’s easy to clean up.
- There’s a learning curve compared to a gas grill. I struggled with burgers at first. 3-1/2 minutes per side produced burgers that were raw in the middle. 4 minutes per side produced burgers that were well done. I’ve gotten better now that I’m used to it.
- It can be inflexible. If you set it for a 10 minute total cook time and you need a few more minutes, then you have to reprogram it because it will shut down when the timer reaches 10 minutes.
- No place to set plates on the folding stand

Good:

- No propane, so it’s super easy to setup
- The removable grate and griddle are easy to clean
- The smoke flavor option is great. I like to add smoke to certain meats.
- Heats up quickly
- Easy to use once you’re through the learning curve

Again, I like it overall and I’m happy that I bought it for our motorhome.

Tags
fire