Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2022, 04:20 PM   #1

Thumbs up NOCO Genius 10 Battery Charger

Thought I'd post this for those who might be thinking about getting a stand alone battery charger. I ended up getting the NOCO Genius 10 for Christmas and have already used it several times.

One instance was on my old Jeep's 12 volt wet cell battery. Went out a few weeks ago and found the battery almost dead. Jumped started and drove it around to get some charge put back into it. Seemed to crank fine afterwards but I knew that was not a good test. I let it sit for a couple of days before trying to start again. Nope, it was dead again.

The battery is dated 2014 (got my money's worth) but for the heck of it, figured I'd try using the NOCO charger's repair mode on it. I let it finish its thing then reinstalled into the Jeep. The starter sounded better than ever. To make sure, I let things sit for about a week before trying to crank the Jeep again. To my surprise, the starter sounded like it was on a brand new battery. Have monitored for a couple of weeks now and the battery is still doing great. Only time will tell how much more I might get out of the 8 year old.

The charger is good for 6 and 12 volt, starting and deep cycle, wet, gel, agm, and lithium batteries. It's a battery maintainer and it can also be used as a 12 volt power supply. Not positive but I believe the repair mode is only good for standard 12v wet cell batteries.

NOCO Genius 10
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2022, 07:13 PM   #2

I like this feedback. Thanks for sharing. I have that same charger on my boat's starter battery.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 05:13 PM   #3

I have one of their dual battery chargers on my boat, a 5 amp on my diesel truck for when it sits for several weeks and their jump charger for diesel engines. All quality products.
akgourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 03:48 PM   #4

Update: My Jeep battery finally gave up the ghost earlier this week. I went ahead and bought a new one this time. Got a bit over a year more out of it which I feel is pretty cool,, nine years out of the battery total.

Unfortunately though, the NOCO charger had stopped working about two weeks ago. Lights would blink back and forth but it would not work in any mode. Figured I was out of luck since it was over a year old but to my surprise, looking at the manual showed it had a 3 year warranty. Emailed the company, they emailed back with instructions for me to send it back. It stated it could take up to 4 weeks before I'd get it, or a new one, back. To my surprise, a brand new one arrived at my doorstep yesterday afternoon. All in all, took less than two weeks. Great service!

I've read nothing but good reviews about NOCO so hopefully it was just a fluke that the first one quit working. Tried out the new one today to charge the trolling motor battery that's been sitting up and it seemed to do well. Hope to get many years service out of this one.
Old 03-06-2023, 09:50 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I love my NOCO Genius GEN5X2, 2-Bank, 10A (5A/Bank). The included cables are perfect. Connected one set to the house batteries and the other set to the chassis batteries. Bam! Charges and maintains both banks. Love the LED stratus’. I noticed the dual bank charger uses a third the watts of my Xantrex.

Also use my NOCO GB150 to jump start just about anything, and recharge my phone when tent camping. Noco’s been good to me and I recommend their products.
Old 03-25-2023, 09:51 AM   #6

Welp,, another update. The brand new battery ran down in just a few days after I installed it. Got to checking and finally found what was causing the issue. Turns out the glove box switch feeding the incandescent bulb inside it was intermittently closing at times. Been monitoring, letting the Jeep sit for days, and have not had a problem since I pulled the bulb.

In other words, the old battery would probably still be going today.
Old 06-02-2023, 10:15 AM   #7

Also got Noco G10 for christmas. As well as a nice soft case. I found out it has battery repair setting that seems to work very well. There are some hidden features like force charge that most smart Chargers refuse to do. The 12 volt Supply is also very nice for anybody doing testing for 12 volt equipment. I feel much nicer having this he's my battery is charged during storage then running the inverter all the time. Far less likely to trip a garage GFCI and having a coach plugged in. The lithium charge will also be handy to have if someone was to choose using lifepo4 battery and not upgrading their inverter charger. This will let you take the battery to balance state of charge once in awhile.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 01:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Also got Noco G10 for christmas. As well as a nice soft case. I found out it has battery repair setting that seems to work very well. There are some hidden features like force charge that most smart Chargers refuse to do. The 12 volt Supply is also very nice for anybody doing testing for 12 volt equipment. I feel much nicer having this he's my battery is charged during storage then running the inverter all the time. Far less likely to trip a garage GFCI and having a coach plugged in. The lithium charge will also be handy to have if someone was to choose using lifepo4 battery and not upgrading their inverter charger. This will let you take the battery to balance state of charge once in awhile.
Force charge. Do you mean like when a new solid state charger won't see the battery? But the old transformer based chargers go right to work?

Tags
battery, charger