Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2020, 03:06 PM   #29

I do some smoking with lump charcoal, Pecan or Apple chunks and meat rub with a small weber kettle, when time permits.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2020, 04:16 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordiegaffer View Post
I have a road trip and a q1000 the road trip is heavy and hard to clean. The q works great for burgers and easy to clean I will probably add a Blackstone this year there only two of us
Only two of us as well. We're starting to look seriously at the Blackstone, probably the 22-inch model for the extra burner and temperature control.
WaltH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:51 PM   #31

Look into a Cobb Grill if you like long slow cooking/smoking. Can be a pain to clean, but the meals from that are nothing short of great. A bit pricey also, but worth it.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:49 AM   #32

Skyline Owners Group
I am clinging to a few really inexpensive folding butane stoves from back in the tenting days. With a propane adaptor the simmer or blaze!!!!! But a piece of 3/32" or even 1/4" plate steel is needed in extremes cold to disperse the heat evenly when it's windy under the thinner pans. It makes a ton of difference but it is slow to react, like a home electric cook top. Round gun target "gongs" are perfect. see: https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-ROUND-STE...sAAOSwol5YwHe1 . . . I like cooking outside at the picnic table with backpacking gear I have had forever. It's has a nice camping feeling.
Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:48 PM   #33

Country Coach Owners Club
Coleman Road Trip Classic Grill

We have had a Road Trip Classic (blue) for about 15 years.

It is flexible as it can be used as a stove/ grill/ griddle or two of the three at the same time.

On our unit we can close the lid to contain the heat, but evidently not all similar Coleman grills can. I have read the handles melt on some.

It is very easy to do closed indirect grilling because of the two burners.

Wind has not been a problem.

The Roadtrip has its own table or can be used on another table.

Negatives:

1. Difficult/impossible to do closed grilling with a whole bird or ham.

2. Not much fun and cumbersome to clean it after use.

3. It is a handful to carry/store. A young person's grill.....

Normally, we use a Weber Jumbo Joe 18" Charcoal grill, unless prohibited.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
Gillig Bus Chassis
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:05 PM   #34

100% Blackstone 22” griddle as one cooking tool for camping. I also have a 36” at home that I love. Smash burgers (way better than burgers on a propane grill), walking tacos, fajitas, quesadillas, pancakes, eggs, bacon, French toast, hash browns, grilled cheese, etc.
madisonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:06 PM   #35

Outdoor Cooking Gear Ideas

Although more expensive than many, you get what you pay for. I love my Napoleon. I am into quality, simplicity and ease of use. I have used it for many years. I only have room for one grill so this is what I use. I have the Weber at home but it is half the grill this is.

Easy to store, easy to clean and simple to use. It comes with a beautifully made travel bag that it is stowed in, that also carries the propane bottle, grilling tools and a roll of paper towels. I can put it inside the motorhome without worrying about staining the carpet.

The wind never affects it and the temperature is steady. I also have a cast iron griddle that fits inside it, I use for eggs, pancakes, etc. I haven’t any complaints and highly recommend this grill.

https://www.napoleon.com/en/us/grill...-2225-tq2225po
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:15 PM   #36

National RV Owners Club
We bought a Blackstone 22" from Ebay this season for $115. It is my favorite portable grill ever. I have had a portable infrared Char Broil that has served us well for 4 years but I haven't used it this season. The BS is my go to. The 2 zones are very handy, cleanup takes 3 paper towels and 5 minutes, easy to store by putting the top in the basement and the bottom on top of it without being to heavy. It takes up less room than the Charbroil.
I am also going to set it up at my outdoor kitchen at home in the summer between the smoker and the grill. If friends stop by I can whip up some fajitas in 15min and feed and army without a bunch of clean up!
BOOZE TRAVEL is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, door, outdoor