Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVJeeper View Post
I bought the shutoff valve at Home Depot. It's just a standard shower shutoff that goes between the fixture and the shower hose.

As for the weight of white vs. chrome, I don't think the chrome unit is anything more than the same plastic the white one is except with a chrome finish. Suspect it would weigh the same.
Thanks! Just ordered the shut off valve in white. Where can I get the head and sliding bar?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #254

Got everything in the mail yesterday. Ready to install.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #255

Done. Water comes out pretty good. I was honestly expecting more pressure. Maybe I did it wrong. Here is what I didn't do:

I left out the "Comfort Control Regulator" that comes with the shower head. It seems that it doesn't do much. At half closed, it dribbles water and at full close it dribbles water.

I did use a 1/4 turn shutoff valve at the faucet to shut the water down.

I understand that some people removed a water saving orifice somewhere in the shower system and it gave them more pressure. Where would it be located? Attached is a picture of a piece that comes out of the faucet. Is this the water saver?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	9972  
Old 05-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #256

Anybody?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #257

Freightliner Owners Club
yes, thats the culpret. I had to remove my anti-syphon device. I suspect it was clogged with calcium build up and resrticted the water.
Remove the restrictor and then replace it with the comfort control regulator. Set it to your desired level of water flow.
Thats exactly what I had to do.
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #258

The side of this anti-siphon that threads into the faucet is a very small diameter and the Comfort Control is much larger. Can this anti-siphon be taken apart and orifice removed?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:04 AM   #259

Freightliner Owners Club
I believe that is just a water saver not an anti-syphon, however you have two different size of threads obviously.
How about you remove the water saver and take it to Home Depot or other and ask them if they have an adaptor that would work, or your local plumbing shop, hardware store etc.
If all else fails , Do you have a drill press. I could enlarge that hole for you in a jiffy.
Once that restrictiction is removed you will be surprised how your showerhead will perform.

My set up is different though, more of a residential, house type faucets. Single lever, with a seperate outlet on the wall.
Hopefully someone can chime in here that is familiar this type of faucet.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #260

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just bought one of the basic "white" units and used it 4 times this past camping trip. WONDERFUL!

I didn't remove or modify anything and I was fine with the Comfort Control valve "dribbling" in the off position.

Guess that makes me and the DW "Happy Campers"!
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #261

Freightliner Owners Club
Dnebout
I dont think I fully understood what you were describing.
Can the plastic part with the small orific be uscrewed from the rest of the faucet..
Is it screwed on to a pipe coming out of the plastic faucet.
If it can, then you put on the C-control.
If it more or less a pemanent part of your faucet set up then I dont know.
I just know that when I put on my shower head hooked straight to the pipe out of the wall it was such a blast that I had to turn my C-control to about halfway to find a sweet spot. This was just on pump pressure. My regulator is set at #45 so its pretty constant.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtime View Post
Dnebout
I dont think I fully understood what you were describing.
Can the plastic part with the small orific be uscrewed from the rest of the faucet..
Is it screwed on to a pipe coming out of the plastic faucet.
If it can, then you put on the C-control.
If it more or less a pemanent part of your faucet set up then I dont know.
I just know that when I put on my shower head hooked straight to the pipe out of the wall it was such a blast that I had to turn my C-control to about halfway to find a sweet spot. This was just on pump pressure. My regulator is set at #45 so its pretty constant.
Ok anti-siphon valve. Thanks
The anti-siphon valve can be removed from the faucet as a complete unit. As you suggested, I will just remove the anti-siphon, get an adapter to go from the faucet to the Comfort Control and see what pressure I get. Thanks
Old 05-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #263

Damon Owners Club
This sounded too good to be true, so I purchased one from CW and I ordered the Shower Shut Off valve from Coil n' Wrap... problem is the shutoff will not thread-up to the hose-end of the Oxygenics wand .... the threads just don't match-up.... I get about 1/8 turn before the threads bind. Both ends of the old showerhead hose connect to the new valve just fine. All the pics show the cone-shaped end of the Oxy as the end that connects to the new valve. In order for mine to all work together I had to reverse the Oxy-hose and connect the cone-shaped end to the water feed off the bottom of the shower water valve assembly.... then everything connected "normally" at the showerhead.
dapiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #264
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, I'm bumping this thread. Bought the Oxygenics today.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:20 AM   #265
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Yes, I'm bumping this thread. Bought the Oxygenics today.
You won't regret it . We have had ours for about 2 years. I installed one of these Rain Saver Inline Shower Shut Off Valve , as mentioned on page 4 of this thread. It makes it easier to control. You can see it in the photo I posted for you in your other thread when I showed you the towel rack in the shower ( post # 27 here http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/boun...-109221-2.html ).

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:35 AM   #266

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I have one for the RV and one for the stick house. If I still had the dog I'd put one on the outside faucet to give her a bath. They work great!

Dan