Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I just installed a wall mount in my house and a hand held unit in the coach as seen HERE

Have used the one in the house several times now and am very happy with it. Good volume and water saving. I'm looking forward to testing the one in the coach here in the next couple of weeks but feel at this point it should give me a much stronger feeling shower while using less water. I got the additional wall mount that is available for the coach. The way my shower line coming out of the wall is made, there wasnt enough room to mount the holder that comes with the shower. So I just screwed the shower hose onto the wall outlet line and then hung the shower on the optional holder off to the side of the shower wall.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I just installed a wall mount in my house and a hand held unit in the coach as seen HERE

Have used the one in the house several times now and am very happy with it. Good volume and water saving. I'm looking forward to testing the one in the coach here in the next couple of weeks but feel at this point it should give me a much stronger feeling shower while using less water. I got the additional wall mount that is available for the coach. The way my shower line coming out of the wall is made, there wasnt enough room to mount the holder that comes with the shower. So I just screwed the shower hose onto the wall outlet line and then hung the shower on the optional holder off to the side of the shower wall.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:20 PM   #3

Put one in the rig a few months ago and it's been great.

Whether or not it provides more water is a mute point as it feels much better than the original shower head whether on city water or from the pump.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:08 PM   #4

Maybe I did not order the "right" model, but the one I put in our MH does not have a shut-off feature which we were used to having on the cheap plastic original equipment shower head. This was a useful feature when boondocking and trying to conserve fresh water.

I do agree the Oxygenics gives an excellent spray and seems to have lots of force, even when operating in low pressure situations. Since it is "low flow", I'm just going to hope I don't waste too much water by letting it run while soaping up. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:42 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I'm ordering a Oxygenics shower head to install as soon as I get a couple other projects taken care of. Knowing I wanted the shutoff valve and the head doesn't include one, I ordered a separate valve when I ordered some other water hoses and supplies.

The valve is nice and small and screws right onto to the shower wand. Although I ordered the item online, I found the identical valve in a local store in the plumbing department for 5 bucks.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:37 AM   #6

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Ed -

The way the wands work, is you twist the knurled valve at the base of the wand. (If you installed it) It will not shut completely off do to safety reasons because the manufacturer does not want the people using that valve as the shutoff versus the shower valve.

Even though it does not shut off completely it does slow to just a spit and uses next to nothing while your soaping up.

I used the shower head for a week when we where down in Florida and it really works awesome. When we where in conservation mode (no sewer hookup) I just turned the valve about 3/4's of the way off and that still gave me a great shower and I did not mess with shutting it down any further. I would say we used 1/2 the water that we normally used during conservation mode, and I took a longer shower than I would normally. This shower head is great for the rest of the family as well since they don't seem to understand the word "conserve".

Bill
Old 04-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #7

Bill, thanks for the info. I need to look again, perhaps I took a shortcut with the install.

And thanks again for the great service I have received each time I ordered from RVUPGRADES, the shipments have always been "rite now" ED
Old 05-01-2006, 02:12 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Installed the hand held last week. What a difference. Love the shower as much as the shower at home. Great product and a must if you like a nice hard shower. Works great on the water pressure at the camp grounds and also from the pump. available from RV upgrades.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:44 PM   #9

Can someone please post a picture of an Oxygenics shower head installation.
I have a 2005 Hurricane 30 F RV with a shower that consist of a hot water knob, and a cold water knob. In the middle of both of the knobs is a rubber or plastic hose that comes out of the top and is about 3 feet long. this hose connects to the plastic shower head wand . The long portion of the plastic shower head wand can be slipped into the holder on the wall or removed for use while showering. The holder for the shower head wand is connected to the shower wall with 2 screws.
I want to see pictures of how an Oxygenics shower head is connected to a shower like mine.I received a new Oxygenics shower head for Fathers day but I am reluctant to open it up because I dont see how it can connect to the existing holder on the wall and I dont want to let it sit on the shower floor when it isn't being used.
thanks in advance
REF jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">because I dont see how it can connect to the existing holder on the wall </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
REF JR: Sorry I can't get you a picture, but I CAN tell you what I did to install mine.
First, I need to explain that my shower stall came with two "holders". The top one is "open" and tapered so the wand handle slides in from the top. The other was a plastic closed loop (held to wall by two screws) thru which passed the rubber hose of the original el cheapo shower head. When I installed my Oxygenics hose and head, I simply carefully cut out a piece of the front of the plastic loop. This allows the shower head to be placed in the top holder OR the bottom loop holder, creating two positions that hold the shower head.

While travelling, we place the wand head in the unmodified top holder and put the hose thru the cutout space in the lower holder to keep the hose from swinging and rubbing the shower walls.

I highly recommend you use the gift you received. Sprays great even with low pressure AND conserves water too. If you work at it, I'm sure you find a way to "fix" the mounting issues. ED
Old 07-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #11

Rv Upgrades is great and has good stuff, BUT I got this shower assy, along with a new type of house filter and pressure regulator....NO MORE puny showers or any other kind of flow issues...this head was $18 and simply replaced the crummy showerhead that came with the coach..screw it on and forget it....
See it near mid page
footdoc is offline   Reply With Quote