Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2022, 06:52 AM   #1

PSA: If you are buying a TST507 TPMS

Just got mine setup after some frustration. The video they have online AND their directions are wrong. I only discovered the fix by accident. So, what am I talking about?

The instructions tell you how to get into program mode, the tells you to hold each sensor up to the monitor to read its code. I did this over and over without success, watching their video in between. Each time scratching my head feeling like an idiot.
Then I accidently dropped one. Almost immediately the monitor read the code! So I tried another, this time setting it on the table about 6” from the monitor and bingo! Did the rest this way with no issues. So, I am not sure if something changed or what exactly, but I do know they need to update the videos and instructions. So, don’t hold the sensor directly under the monitor like they tell you.
Patio is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2022, 09:07 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patio View Post
Just got mine setup after some frustration. The video they have online AND their directions are wrong. I only discovered the fix by accident. So, what am I talking about?

The instructions tell you how to get into program mode, the tells you to hold each sensor up to the monitor to read its code. I did this over and over without success, watching their video in between. Each time scratching my head feeling like an idiot.
Then I accidently dropped one. Almost immediately the monitor read the code! So I tried another, this time setting it on the table about 6” from the monitor and bingo! Did the rest this way with no issues. So, I am not sure if something changed or what exactly, but I do know they need to update the videos and instructions. So, don’t hold the sensor directly under the monitor like they tell you.
Not sure why you had so much problem program the sensors using the TST video. I programed 2 internal and 4 external sensors using this video. is the same video that you used?
Old 07-31-2022, 06:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
Not sure why you had so much problem program the sensors using the TST video. I programed 2 internal and 4 external sensors using this video. is the same video that you used?
You can be "not sure" all you want, but I am telling you it did not work. When they called me back the girl acted like she was aware and even said, yeah we need to redo those videos. I think they made some change that will not read the code if it is too close. You don't have to believe me, I don't really care.
Old 08-01-2022, 03:32 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I upgraded to the color screen monitor last year but kept my old sensors. Two of my sensors absolutely would not pair with the new monitor. I called TST and tried every trick they gave me to no avail. Fortunately, I found a way to determine the sensors’ “numbers” and programmed them manually.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:43 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patio View Post
You can be "not sure" all you want, but I am telling you it did not work. When they called me back the girl acted like she was aware and even said, yeah we need to redo those videos. I think they made some change that will not read the code if it is too close. You don't have to believe me, I don't really care.
I don’t know how you read into my post that I didn’t believe you, also why the anger? I was explaining that I didn’t have the same problem that you did. That is why I posted the link to TST on programing to see if that was the one that you used. I will be more careful on responding it any other post you may make, so there is no question on what I am saying.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
I don’t know how you read into my post that I didn’t believe you, also why the anger? I was explaining that I didn’t have the same problem that you did. That is why I posted the link to TST on programing to see if that was the one that you used. I will be more careful on responding it any other post you may make, so there is no question on what I am saying.
Not angry at you. I am sure a lot of people did not have the same problem I had. That is why I posted this. The video is wrong. That is all I was trying to say. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.
Old 09-19-2022, 06:58 PM   #7

Didnt know there was a video...

I didn't know there was a video, so I read the manual then paired and programmed the sensors for our toad. The sensors for the coach were paired and programmed by the dealer as I had the TPMS added as an option when we purchased the coach.

I wouldn't travel without a TPMS and an air compressor for when I need to add air to the tires.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:57 AM   #8

If you want some fun, try programming the system when there is about 200 other coaches pretty close to you (we were in a rally parking config). How many had the TST? I bet a lot of them. The rep that came to install the system couldn't program it, had to drive about 200 ft away from the rally and then they programmed.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, tpms