RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2021, 01:17 AM   #1

Question QUALITY LED bulb source to retrofit size 1165 bulbs

First I will say save your money and don't buy 10 of them on Ebay for 15 bucks.

They got so hot I can't imagine any watt savings VS the olde school element bulbs I replaced with them. And once they are hot, only 5-10 min. in, the glue that attached the led elements to the base was so liquified that when I touched one (expecting it to be LED cold, Ouch!) the LEDs came off along with the hot glue on my finger. I can see them dripping off the base and ruining the snap on light diffuser/covers.

So my question becomes, is there a commonly known source for good ones?
Layton1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2021, 05:22 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Layton1950-

I've not heard of a 1165 bulb. A 1156 bulb is common, though.

These three suppliers are known to sell better-quality LED products, and also have decent return policies:

Marinebeam
M4
SuperbrightLEDs

I have read that a product with a built-in "constant-current driver" circuit should last longer. Apparently, the less-expensive products does not take the voltage swings in an RV environment well. See this link for details.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:13 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I prefer M4 Products and SuperBrightLED's. They are known for quality products!

I would suggest that you create a signature showing the make and model of your RV. This will make it easier for folks to help with any questions you may have. Below is a link showing how to do that! Look at post #30.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/foru...ml#post3101035

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:15 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For interior lights I've had these since 2017 with no problem.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Prefer warm white color over the bright white for general lighting. A bit $$ at $3 a light but they should last the life of the coach.
Old 02-23-2021, 12:40 PM   #5

This company has very high quality as well. They were at the 2020 Tampa RV show, and I bought quite a few and they are still working great. They also had some unique “dimming” led varieties which I love. They work on regular switched circuits! You just flip them off/on and they go from bright, to medium, to low with each off/on cycle.....they light up different numbers of individual LED elements to achieve the different brightness levels.

https://www.cabinbright.com/

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9514.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	319014
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:30 AM   #6

The "dimming" led's look pretty trick! I may look into that. With 3 kids, we usually keep a light on in the living area to aid in night time bathroom trips...having something that was not so bright would be awesome!
Old 02-26-2021, 01:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
This company has very high quality as well. They were at the 2020 Tampa RV show, and I bought quite a few and they are still working great. They also had some unique “dimming” led varieties which I love. They work on regular switched circuits! You just flip them off/on and they go from bright, to medium, to low with each off/on cycle.....they light up different numbers of individual LED elements to achieve the different brightness levels.

https://www.cabinbright.com/

Attachment 319014
What a great idea!!!!

Tags
led, quality