Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2021, 02:58 PM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Roadside LED warning lights

I have been needing new warning triangles or lights for some time. I found these on Amazon at a reasonable price with great reviews! This is what they call a "Lightning Deal" and in 4 hours it will go up by $4.95!

Have any of you used these, and if so, what is your opinion?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2021, 03:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I have been needing new warning triangles or lights for some time. I found these on Amazon at a reasonable price with great reviews! This is what they call a "Lightning Deal" and in 4 hours it will go up by $4.95!

Have any of you used these, and if so, what is your opinion?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have set and they are very brute and all seem to work. My only concern is will the batteries still be good if and when I need them? They come with a pull tab blocking off the batteries until ready to use so I tested one and left the tabs on the rest for now.
BMGM37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 05:03 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGM37 View Post
I have set and they are very brute and all seem to work. My only concern is will the batteries still be good if and when I need them? They come with a pull tab blocking off the batteries until ready to use so I tested one and left the tabs on the rest for now.
These units don't come with batteries. I may just put a supply of batteries in the case with them and put them in as needed.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:58 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm not familiar with that specific brand, but we did have some of the led warning lights at work. They worked well, especially when all the lights were out. Good batteries, and they would easily last the night.
GPCPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:19 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Beware (That ad) says "batteries NOT included..."?
Old 02-25-2021, 05:43 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Received these today and I'm pretty impressed! They really look good with several pattern choices of the LED's! Now I've gotta find a good deal on AAA batteries!
Old 02-25-2021, 07:00 PM   #7

I recently acquired a similar set (not same brand name, but in looking, many of them seem to be the same unit under different names). They would help at night I think but not much in the daylight. Would be effective combined with the reflective cones or triangles. I changed out all the original batteries for Radio Shack batteries. They have a good shelf life and are not as likely to leak as some of the other brands IMO. Can be ordered directly from Radio Shack on line.
It all helps to improve your odds along side the roadway.
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:01 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
I recently acquired a similar set (not same brand name, but in looking, many of them seem to be the same unit under different names). They would help at night I think but not much in the daylight. Would be effective combined with the reflective cones or triangles. I changed out all the original batteries for Radio Shack batteries. They have a good shelf life and are not as likely to leak as some of the other brands IMO. Can be ordered directly from Radio Shack on line.
It all helps to improve your odds along side the roadway.
That's a good observation! Obviously, they would be no use in the daytime when you will have to go back to the triangles!
Old 04-02-2021, 10:35 AM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
The wife bought the same emergency led lights about 4 years ago.
They came 4 to the carry package.
I put these batteries in them.

https://amzn.to/3cIOAgE

10 year shelf life and can go all night if needed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ScopesNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:36 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
That's a good observation! Obviously, they would be no use in the daytime when you will have to go back to the triangles!
Mine work great in the day. I had an issue stopped by the roadside and placed out. Work great the flashing light you could see in the daylight very easily.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 01:06 PM   #11

I bought a set of 8 of these back in December to mount on our trailers. At our goose club we have 3 gators and 3 small trailers which we use to take decoys and gear out the the blinds. Of course we go out in the dark and back in the dark. To some of the blinds we have a mile run on local roads.

These things are easy to mount using wire ties. I was able to see one of our rigs going out about a mile away. They make a huge difference in safety.

After the season, I took them off and out them in the RV.

Well worth the money.
Old 04-04-2021, 02:09 PM   #12

I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate here a minute. Since they aren't DOT approved and aren't in the shape of triangles or placed where they indicate to approaching drivers which side to safely pass on they might confuse approaching drivers. Especially those drivers going from one bar to another.[emoji33]
[emoji40]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 05:58 PM   #13
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
What FL420 says.

I spent the better part of my career driving at night. Twice in the later years before retirement I came on someone using these type of lights. Yes, the are visible, but you see them blinking down on the ground and the brain says "What is this?" Your eyes stay focus on them and by time the brain catches up with what you are seeing you start seeing the dark outline of vehicle, and are getting too close.

I'll stick with triangles and flares, and a reflective vest if I'm out. And stow them in a curbside compartment so your not in traffic.
Old 04-04-2021, 08:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
What FL420 says.

... Yes, the are visible, but you see them blinking down on the ground and the brain says "What is this?" ....

Brain should say, "Must be a stalled vehicle up ahead" and I should slow down .
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light, lights